Friday, March 18, 2011

Having a Meek and Quiet Spirit 11 of 23

Well my friends, I rarely take such a long break from posting but this was our Spring Break, my daughter was home from College and our church had our 6th annual Old Paths Conference as you have possibly read about on my brief postings. I was thinking this wk that I wish there was a way EVERYONE could of heard what I heard this wk through preaching, teaching, singing and everything. It certainly put a new zeal in me that I know I was missing. Then I thought the way I posted that I would be gone this past wk that it may of sounded like I wasn't having devotions this wk. By all means I was, I just wasn't able to be on line. I know I owe no man an explanation, but I wanted to clear that up for myself. Well, are you ready to jump back into the lessons? I know I am :)

He Changed My Life this lesson is taken from Mary Magdalene.
Luke 7;47 "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much; but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little."
What a powerful verse! "...to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little." 
To think we may not forgive all we should forgive but God forgives EVERYONE!!

Read Luke 7:36-50; John 19:25; 20:1-18

Now once you have read these passages lets look at the life of Mary Magdalene.  Mary was possessed of 7 devils - an immoral sinner who absolutely had her life transformed. When Mary's life was changed it was evident that she loved the Lord and that she wanted to do things for the Lord. Jesus forgave Mary Magdalene of her sins and he knew that she Loved him; there was no doubt of her love and faithfulness.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the testimony of how Jesus change your life and used you in his work?
Now this is where some may say, but I didn't do anything really wrong.
I was saved at an early age, didn't have a bad sin life.
I'm a Missionary kid, or Preachers kid and well....

Did you realize though sometimes it takes more to get those to fully surrender to God where others it may not take at as long. Why is this? You grew up in church. You grew up in a Christian home but never really gave your life wholly to Jesus. Let look at some things that changed Mary Magdalene that maybe we need to change in our lives even though we didn't live as she did.

1. It changed our values.
Mary Magdalene gave up the worldly things and turned her Love to our Saviour.
Maybe we as Christians need to turn from our love for worldly things but wholly for our Saviour.

2. It changed our motives.
Mary Magdalene did a good work for the Lord, when Jesus changed her life.
You can change from what you do, to a person who quietly serves the Lord and who wants to serve the Lord.

3. It changed our hearts.
Mary Magdalene's heart had the tenderness of a child,
Is your heart tender for the things of the Lord? Do you cry when something touches your heart?
We need to have a tender heart.

4. It changed our faithfulness.
Mary Magdalene stayed faithful to the Lord no matter what others said or did.
How faithful are you? Do you serve the Lord, no matter who makes fun of you, or teases you. Faithfulness is so important for us. Don't let the picking and teasing destroy your faithfulness.

a. If you are unsaved, put your faith in Jesus Christ!
b. Repent of your sin  "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is Eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
c. Humble yourself before God.
d. Be honest with God. Don't try hiding things from him. Although we may think we can hid this sin or that, God knows all, sees all and is everywhere!
e. Quit valuing material things. Give up the things of this world. After all this world is not my home I'm just a passing through....
f. Be faithful
g. Do what you can. Maybe you can't go to Africa but you can win souls in your neighbour hood. Maybe you can't pastor, but you can tell others of Jesus.
h. Make Jesus your Master. We can't serve 2 masters you will either serve God or man. Make sure you are serving the Lord!!!

To wrap up this lesson, we can be a Mary Magdalene and serve God with all our heart. You may not have had the life she had but that doesn't matter, we ALL can serve God and we ALL can give our ALL!!  If we do these things this is another way God will lead us in having a meek and quiet spirit as a wife, mom, teacher, preachers kid, pastors wife, missionary wife....whomever you are.

The points and sub points were taken from "A Meek and Quiet Spirit"

No comments: