Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Having a Meek and Quiet Spirit 2 of 23

Good Morning! Today is beautiful here in WV I hope where ever you are that's you're having nice weather and that your day is good!

Today in our lessons we'll be looking at: Making Room For Others, A lesson from Elisabeth
Luke 1:13 "But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John."

Are you a Preacher/Missionary's wife? Have you noticed that people think that the Preacher kids are the worst? I noticed as we traveled the US as Missionaries that the kids were watched like you wouldn't believe. They made a mistake and it was OH MY that Missionaries child doesn't know how to behave!
Since I'm a Missionaries wife I can relate to this a little, now we are not on the field at this time, but we believe God will one day put us back out serving as Missionaries. You may ask why do you say your a Missionary wife then? Well, 1 I married my husband knowing he wanted to go to the field. 2 I believe God has something in store for my husband even though at this time we are in WV God can still move us to another country or even as Missionaries here int he states!
Elisabeth was a pastors wife. Luke 1:6 tells us, "And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless."  This verse is one that I hope describes me.
Elisabeth had no children, and she could of become bitter against God for that. If you are a Lady who's married and God hasn't given you children yet. Do NOT Blame God, please don't become bitter. I can't say I understand how you must feel, but you need to make room for others and do for others letting God bless you that way. Not all families are given given children why? I don't know, I would like to think though, that he chooses certain ones not to have children so they can be a HUGE blessings to others that otherwise maybe they couldn't of done if children were part of their lives. Elisabeth took the position of being only a wife and made room for others!

Next we see where she encouraged people. Do you encourage or discourage? By making room for others it allows you to be an encouragement to others. Step back, swallow your pride, have faith that God will use you. Then do something to encourage another today.
You say, What can I do to be an encouragement?
Well....call a shut-in at your church, take cookies to a neighbour, offer to take someone to the doctor, call you parents!

Have you ever thought that God has something great planned for you? Maybe he's preparing you in an area that only you could be an encouragement. Be willing to have that meek spirit that says, I will make room for others, I will encourage those God puts in my path to encourage.

Dear Lord as these ladies read this help them to be an Elisabeth by making room for others and being an encouragement. Amen.

No comments: