Friday, March 11, 2011

Having a Meek and Quiet Spirit 10 of 23

Good afternoon, as many of you probably have heard there is major devastation happening in Japan, Hawaii, Russia, and now on the western coast line of the US. If you haven't prayed for these place I would ask that you take a moment and pray for these people, people like you and me who are facing death, losing their homes and so much more. More importantly is those who aren't saved....This really breaks heart to see all this happening knowing that people are dieing and going to hell.

Thus far the lessons have pretty much been focused towards the wife and mom. Well, as a single lady you too need to have a meek and quiet spirit. There are things that as single person you have that we as married ladies don't have. Which leads us into today's lesson on "What Single Women have that I don't have"
Isaiah 54:5 "For they Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called."

Read Luke 7:11-18

In this passage we read of a widow who is heart broken over the death of a young man. Jesus speaks to her and tells her to "weep not".
Then he went over and raised the man from the dead. What is it the single ladies have that we don't have? Now because I've not been single for over 19 yrs this lesson proved a little interesting on preparing. I will have done the best I can to prepare this so that the single lady will receive something from it. Some of my points I may not have a whole under them. I will however, with the help of the Lord do my best to help you realize how you can do some things that I, an other's who are married can't do.

1. A single lady has a special compassion from God that I don't have.

2. A single woman has a special security from God that I don't have.
She has a special knowledge of from where the security comes.
Now there are some women whom God wants to stay single.

3. A single lady has a joy that I don't have.
As a single lady you have a knowledge of where your joy comes from. Now don't get me wrong as married ladies we have joy also, we have in our marriage, our children, our life. True joy however comes from full dependence on God. You say, but you should as a married lady have joy from depending on God, yes, but see, we have our Husband that we depend on of which he fully depends on God. So there are area's that a single Young lady depends on God more for than I as a married lady would depend.

4. A single lady has a special caretaker that I don't have.
See as a married lady, my husband is my caretaker. BUT as a single person the Lord sends someone to fill the voids of life that you would need the extra care for. You have relationships that you can enjoy more because there's not children, or a husband to please.

5. A single lady gives a special glory which I cannot give.
Your joy in your life gives Glory to God in a way that is different from us married ladies.

So don't complain that you aren't married, decide today that as a single young lady that you will show compassion, give security, have joy, maybe be a special caretaker and glorify God in ways that we can't. God said, Sue is to be single because I can use her in a way I can't use Pam. So thank the Lord that you are you and that you can do things others can't and get out there and do all you can to be the meek and quiet person that serves God as single adult young lady.

I pray that in some way this lesson will be a help to someone.

No comments: