Sunday, March 20, 2011

Having a Meek and Quiet Spirit 12 of 23

Oh my, I came in from church this afternoon and I'm thinking get dinner cooking, start typing out devotional when I realized I never posted yesterdays!!! I got so busy with spring cleaning and running here and running there, catching up on everything I hadn't done through the wk that I never even sat down at the computer except to check e-mail for about 5 min. just before bed last night. WOW It's been on busy wk and wkend :) I love to be busy though, because then there's no time for idleness and the devil can't sneak in. AMEN!

Blessed Redeemer
Psalm 103:1, 4
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies."

Read : Luke 13:10 -17
The woman who was freed of her infirmities. Reading the story of the woman who was freed of her infirmities reminds us of how Jesus power redeems us. God forgives us of our sins and wants us to serve him with all our being.

1. If you want to see redemption, you must be faithful to God's house.
Have you ever noticed that destruction starts when you stop attending church faithfully? It happens to anyone who stops being faithful to God and to church. If you want your family to be redeemed into usefulness for Him, you need to teach them faithfulness.

2. If you want to see redemption, you must pray for others.
Did you know praying for others will give you redemption? Have a prayer list to pray for people for their health, salvation, job, school or anything. You would be the interceder for someone to God. Are you tempted to give up? DON"T
Wife, Mom are you pleading to God for the salvation of your family? Cont to do that! They need you even though they man not realize it.

3. If you want to see redemption, you must put more emphasis on people than on tradition.
As a wife and mother we many times get to busy living in our "traditional" lives to be interested or creative. Make sure that you aren't so tied up in tradition that you push aside what your husband and children need.
As Mrs Schaap mentions in her book, people at church get tied up in their traditional service and they don't want the unsaved coming and so therefore they miss out on seeing the Lord work in saving people. Don't become that way, want to be willing to see what God will do through your family, church, yes through you!

4. If you want to see redemption, you must rejoice and give glory to God.
Rejoice in the Lord!
To God be the glory!
Stay focused on God and rejoice in him. We should rejoice in all things, but that doesn't mean that you start shouting and rejoicing because your car breaks down... Rejoice that he may of saved you from a tragic accident or that he protected from something that could of happened.
Back when I lived in Hammond, one morning I was running late the children were going to be late to school. I was frustrated and yes a little upset that things didn't go smoothly. Well, as we were driving past a gas station, that we stopped at almost EVERY day for a snack or something on the way to school, there was police cars everywhere! Yellow tape around the the parking area drive blocked off. WOW!!! I learned later that there had been a shooting and robbery. Now I was frustrated that I was late, but rejoicing that God protected my small children and me. So remember to rejoice and give God the glory in all things.

*the 4 pts used were taken from "A Meek and Quiet Spirit"

No comments: