Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Having a Meek and Queit Spirit. 15 of 23

I'm going to attempt to get this lesson typed out, I've been sick most of the day. I pray those who went to church this evening had a great evening!

The Woman at the Well, she left her Waterpot....
John 14: 13 -14a "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again; But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall five him shall never thirst."

Read John 4: 3- 30

Are you one that forgets things? Not meaning because your old but you just simply will walk off and forget things. I know there have been times I've done that. The author of the book said, "I must admit that I am what you would call an absent-minded person." She mentions that her daughter would remind her of things.
The funny thing is my children reminded me not to leave the baby in the car or on the table in his car seat. This actually happened after my youngest was born. I had him in his carseat ready to go. I took the older 4 out his diaper bag and walked out to the car. I had locked the house had the kids in the car and was backing when my daughter says, "mom, where's Jason?" Oh my.... It was a Sunday morning and I was running late, you know when you have children all under the age of  7 and no one can really do for themselves or at least think they can't. It was on of those mornings, Did I on purposely leaven Jason sitting on the table? No
This is how I see it with the woman at the Well. I think she meant to leave her waterpot. She was all focused on Jesus. As I was focused on getting to church that day. This lady was excited and wanted to learn more from Jesus.

1. I realized that it is a sin to try to find satisfaction, comfort or self-esteem in anything other than my relationship with Jesus and His word.
You say, why can't we have satisfaction in other things. What I mean is totally not being satisfied with God. We are more content with earthly treasures such as:
Money, credit cards (spending money on things that we can't take with us)
Possessions - can you take that fancy dress, or house, with you. Now it's nice to have but don't let that be your satisfaction.
Appearance - now we are to sure we look right but don't become obsessed with it.
Popularity - we as mom's need to train our daughters that popularity is NOT a must. "Shew yourself friendly"
Relationships - You should be satisfied with the man/woman God has given you. Don't go around saying if you were like ___________ I would love you more. Or you kids should like so an so and your mom would be much happier! God gave you that Man and those Children be SATISFIED!

2. I began to seek a stronger relationship with Jesus and found in Him the things for which I was really longing.
What do you do to strengthen your relationship with Jesus?
Here's a few things the author did:
a. One morning a wk rather than regular devotions, I do an intense study.
b. Pray while you are doing your chores or driving to get the children from school.
c. Sing more
d. Listen to a sermon each day while cleaning house or running errands
e. Memorize more scripture
f. Yield yourself to the Holy Spirit many times a day
g. Cut out some of what you watch on tv, radio old time shows, Internet.

3. I began to resist the impulse to make myself feel better by indulging in the wrong places.
What do you do on impulse when you are down?
shop
eat
sleep
complain
 just to name a few.
If we do things by impulse and not by letting the Holy Spirit lead it can be wrong and can cause problems.

4. I began to share more of Christ with others.
Go soul winning! Did you know that if you would leave your "water pot" and go out and share Jesus you would be so much happier and you would be obeying God's command to win others. You say, it's out of my comfort zone. Ok start off with someone who has been at if for a long time. Then when you are comfortable offer to take someone new out and train them. You will find you thrive on soul-winning!! Yes there are times we don't want to go, or we simply think whats the use everyone says, "Yes, I'm saved" but did you know people have learned to get you to leave them alone they'll say yea I got saved. You can in a gentle, kind way pressure them to tell you when how they got saved. Many times you'll end up being able to lead them to the Lord.

5. I began to have faith in the end results of sharing Christ with others.
This goes back to the topic above. You will see results if you are faithful at soul winning.

So like the woman at the well, leave your water pot, step out do things that would bring you closer to the Lord. May God bless you as you go through your wk and May you wife, mom let this help you as you work on having a meek and quiet spirit.

No comments: