Thursday, March 3, 2011

Having a Meek and Quiet Spirit. 3 of 23

Good Morning everyone! Before I start I have a prayer request for my children. They are really struggling with illness right now. I think partially do to the crazy weather we're having. At this time I think my oldest home schooled boy has allergies or something. He's sneezed like you wouldn't believe the last few days. I covet your prayers.

Now on to our lessons: Today is Complete Healing, a lesson from the Woman with the Issue of Blood
Luke 8:46 "And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me."

Read Matthew 9:18-20
The Bible tells us about a woman that who was sick for a long time. She went to the doctor and as in many cases she just cont. to get worse and worse. This woman heard that Jesus would be in her area and she wanted to see him. This woman had to of known Jesus to believe that he could heal her. She believed that if she could just touch Jesus garment she would be healed and that is exactly what she did. When she did "she felt in her body that she had been healed."

1. I fought the crowd to get to Jesus
When we walk with Jesus we receive virtue. What is Virtue? it's defined as The quality of moral righteousness or excellence; any admirable quality or trait; purity.
As Christians who faithfully attend church and spend even a little time with the Lord on a fairly consistent basis have this virtue.

2. I touched Jesus through daily Bible and Prayer
As you and I know we can't physically touch Jesus, but if you read your Bible and prayer you are "touching' Jesus. Do you have a daily time that read your Bible and Pray?
If you don't have this time you need to set up a time and then allow NOTHING to interfere with that time.
Here's a sample schedule that I have used
7 am   Old Testament 2 chapters
7:30 am Prayer Time I have a prayer Journal (If you would like to learn more about that you may e-mail me)

Then in the evening after my children have gone to bed I read 2 chapters in the New Testament and usually at that time my husband an I pray together.

3. I believed that God would deliver me from my sin.
Be sure to ask forgiveness of your sins daily! You say but I don't know what sins I've done. You know if you have lied, stolen something, argued with someone, been disrespectful etc You name each of the sins you know and then in all sincerity ask the Lord to forgive you for that which you didn't realize or don't remember doing that was sinful.

4. I feared God's judgement upon my sin.
Going back to our story about the woman who was ill. She fell before the Lord in great fear when asked, "Who touched me?"
So why do we not ask forgiveness of our sins? One we truly don't fear God and another we are comfortable with our sin, such as fear, pride, jealousy, etc.

5. I was honest with Jesus
Do you allow your meek spirit to be honest with God, you spouse, yourself??
We know God knows all things but did you know God wants you to be honest with him! We are to be honest with him so he can help us through our trials. He wants us as wives and moms to have that meek and quiet spirit, but if we aren't HONEST with God how can we have the right spirit?

6. I was ashamed of my sin.
Have you ever done something that you were really ashamed of? I'm not going to go into things I have done wrong but I will say that I've things I was terribly ashamed of and I believe I needed God's healing. We need to become just as sick of our sin as the woman with the sickness was of her sickness.
This woman in the Bible was so ashamed of sick of her illness that she did everything she could to get to Jesus! WE in 2011 NEED to do the same, become so sick of our sin that we rush to God and beg for his forgiveness an fear the Lord God.

7. I realized that all of my human efforts would only make my spiritual condition worse.
If you try to correct the problem yourself without God it will only get worse. We need that spiritual relationship with God that makes us go to him and not ourselves or our friends. God and only God can lead you in the direction you need to go. I love the verse in the Bible, "I can do all things through Christ...." It doesn't say I can do all things through my friend, or I can do all things through my good works, it doesn't even say I can do all things through _____________ (your name). I simply and clearly states "I can do all things through Christ...." Christ and Christ alone can take you through any trial and you will come out better for it!

8. I believed that Jesus would take note of me amidst the crowd.
The woman in the Bible didn't care that there was a crowd, she needed to get to Jesus she needed his healing power. Jesus noticed her. Jesus loves and forgives as I seek his face. Because of this I know he hears my prayers and he will answer them.
*You can receive virtue from Christ. If you get close to God you will receive virtue which also will help you as a wife and mom to have that meek and quiet spirit that you should have.
*You will receive peace from God. As you work to having a meek and quiet spirit you will grow peaceful. You won't always be in an uproar!
*You will receive complete spiritual healing. Do you feel that you are "sick" You don't have what you need to be the wife and mom you were meant to be? God to the Bible read it daily, pray daily for God's healing! He will and has done this for many people and he will do it for you also!

What are you having problems with?
Remember as a wife and mom we need to have that meek and quiet spirit about us; but if we don't have the right kind of spiritual healing it will be harder for us to be meek and quiet.

*the Italicized and Bold print is from "A Meek and Quiet Spirit"
Some of the scripture is also Italicized because it is Jesus speaking.
All scripture is from the King James Bible

No comments: