Saturday, March 5, 2011

Having a Meek and Quiet Spirit. 5 of 23

Worthy to See the Miracles - lesson from the Daughter of Jairus
Luke 8:50, 51 "But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole. And when he came into the house, he suffered no man to go in, save Peter, and James, and John, and the father and mother of the maiden."

Read Matthew 9:18-26; Mark 5:21-43; Luke 8:41-56

Part of having a meek and quiet spirit is seeking the Lord regularly! Jairus sought after the Lord when his daughter became ill. Now we aren't to wait till we have a problem or we feel our life is falling apart to seek God. We should seek him daily.

1. Seek the Lord humbly 
I like the way Mrs Schaap showed us her book how she has a schedule for things she prays for here is what she wrote in her book:
*I have a scheduled day when I pray for the following:
Sunday - those I know grieving the loss of a loved one.
Monday - my husband's friends and my friends
Tuesday - the sick
                 There are a few sick folks for whom I pray daily and others for whom I pray at a scheduled time each week
Thursday - pastors
Friday - missionaries
Saturday - troubled or broken marriages of those I know and love

These are the things I pray for daily:
~my husband and our marriage                 ~my country
~my children                                            ~my church
~my family                                              ~the unsaved
~my husbands family

This is a sample of how you could set up your prayer list.

2. Seek the Lord diligently when others discourage you.
Even though others try to discourage you cont to seek the Lord as Jairus did even though his daughter had died.

3. Do not give up hope when others have.
Don't give up on your prayers! My husband prayed for over 20 yrs for his Mom and Dad to be saved. February 28, 2010 they were both saved!!! So if someone tells you there's no need to cont to pray for something, do it anyway. God answers prayer!!

4. Believe!
Do you really believe that God will take care of you? that he will provide your every need? that he is there for you through the good and the bad times? Do you really believe?
Have faith and believe that as you go out soul winning that the Lord will use you.
Believe that as you go through life that God is with you!

5. Ask God to revive the spirit of others.
   A. Wait for God's touch. When you read your Bible let the Lord touch your heart and life through what you are reading.
   B. Listen for God's voice. Now today we won't hear him audibly but we can hear from the Lord by answers to our prayers.
   C. Obey God's command. Wives as we apply being a meek a quiet spirit in our homes God has many blessings and miracles for us. "Wives submit" we are to submit to our husbands, yes the world says WHAT? You want to do what the man I married wants??? NO WAY!! But in order to obey God we are to submit to our husbans. Is it always easy? NO After 19 yrs of marriage trust me there are times I don't want to submit. There are times that I'm not very meek or quiet. We simply needs to obey God's word.

6. Live worthy of God's presence and of His miracles every day.
We as wives and mothers need to walk daily with God so we can see him work in our life daily.
*Lord, Please make me worthy of seeing your miracles not only in our lives, but perhaps even more so in the lives of those whose names we call before You each day, Lord, revive our spirits and theirs. AMEN!!"

*taken from "A Meek and Quiet Spirit"

No comments: