Monday, March 11, 2013

Pie in the ski

Good afternoon, as I sat here earlier today thinking of what I could post I had started several topics but they just didn't go anywhere. Then I was reading several blogs that I follow and I had read my Bible this morning but still there just didn't seem to be anything that the Lord was laying on my heart to share today.

When I post I want them to be something that will help others and/or something that has helped me through life. I started not to post at all today even though it's been several days since I had posted, but I just felt something was in my brain that just was stuck and couldn't escape. LOL :) So prayerfully something in this post will encourage or help someone.


I'm not sure where it came from, but the phrase, "Pie in the ski" came to mind. So, I looked up the phrase and here's what I found the man who wrote was very critical of Christianity. After reading that I started thinking that was back in the early 1900's and one man wrote a poem that well, he didn't really understand the Bible, heaven, or Christians.

Serving God is an honor, and we don't have to starve to do that. We can have our "pie" right here.

This is the Poem that Joe Hill wrote in 1911: (which by all means I believe that Salvation is crucial and that caring for the poor and hungry should be done also.

 

Long-haired preachers come out every night,
Try to tell you what's wrong and what's right;
But when asked how 'bout something to eat
They will answer with voices so sweet:
 
Chorus:
You will eat, bye and bye,
In that glorious land above the sky;
Work and pray, live on hay,
You'll get pie in the sky when you die.
 
The starvation army they play,
They sing and they clap and they pray
'Till they get all your coin on the drum
Then they'll tell you when you're on the bum:
 
Holy Rollers and jumpers come out,
They holler, they jump and they shout.
Give your money to Jesus they say,
He will cure all diseases today.

 If you fight hard for children and wife
Try to get something good in this life
You're a sinner and bad man, they tell,
When you die you will sure go to hell.
 
Workingmen of all countries, unite,
Side by side we for freedom will fight;
When the world and its wealth we have gained
To the grafters we'll sing this refrain:
 
You will eat, bye and bye,
When you've learned how to cook and to fry.
Chop some wood, 'twill do you good,
And you'll eat in the sweet bye and bye.
 
 
Then I found where he mentioned the dear old Hymn "In the Sweet Bye and bye"
The Author:Sanford E Bennett wrote this song in 1868
 
There’s a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there. 
 
Refrain:
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.
 
We shall sing on that beautiful shore
The melodious songs of the blessed;
And our spirits shall sorrow no more,
Not a sigh for the blessing of rest.

To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days.


We need to make sure that people are saved and on their way to heaven! Soul winning is so crucial and we each need to be out there telling others of Christ. 

Just to think that somewhere beyond the clouds is a wonderful place called Heaven! I don't know about you, but I can't wait to get there!!

John 14:2-3 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself: that where I am there ye may be also."

Today the term Pie in the Ski means to happiness, maybe something good will happen soon. Just an interesting thought I came across.

At the Cross
At the Cross
Where I first saw the light
and the burden of my heart rolled away
It was there by grace
I received my sight
and now I'm happy all the day!

Or

This world is not home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue





No comments: