Tuesday, August 4, 2009

PS 117 Lesson 1

PS 117 "Praise the Lord...."

Praise the Lord.... Do we praise the Lord as we should? Now I realize there are times we think, "Praise the Lord" why? I want to share something here with you that at first I was saying NO not now! Then later that day I was Praising the Lord!

This happened in Indiana when I had 3 little ones and was pregnant with our 4 child. Tabitha I believe was in 2nd grade, Paul IV was in K-5 and Caleb was still 3. We lived 30 min from our school, it was payday so as many of you know, on payday the cupboards are bare. As was the case this particular morning.

Well, I had everyone up, dressed and ready to leave for school this particular morning. We went out got everyone in the car, those in car seats who need to be in. I run up tot he door lock the house and jump in the van. Turn the key....nothing! OH NO......lets try again....Nothing! Well, my husband was already at work in the Loop, in Chicago. I wasn't real sure who to call, when a neighbour comes out. Well, I ask if they can help. He jump started the van, at this point we are late (not for school, but to get something to eat for the kids).

See I had planned to stop at this gas station about 1/2 way between home and the school to get the kids something to eat.

Did I want to Praise the Lord when this happened OH no. I was very frustrated, I couldn't send my oldest 2 off to school with no breakfast or anything. So, I thinking what can do, I don't want them late for school, but then NEED to eat. Well, we leave our home in North Hammond and head to school.

As I'm driving, we are approaching the gas station I would have stopped at. I see an ambulance, several Police cars and the property the gas station is on is tapped off with the yellow crime scene tape. Later that morning I learned the very time I would have been in the gas station with my 3 children and me pregnant there had been a shooting! Someone had been killed!

The point of this story is, we don't have to Praise the Lord for every little thing, but sometimes it's good to simply stop and:

Praise the Lord for that broken down vehicle, why? Maybe as what happened to us that school morning God is protecting you from something that could be 10 times worse than a van that won't start!

You know that could have been me who died leaving 3 little ones without a mom. It could have been one of my little ones shoot and a mother who lost a very dear and precious life to her. So when Praising the Lord just doesn't seem like something you want to do. Stop and think, "Are you protecting me Lord?" Praise the Lord for showing your ....merciful kindness.... to our family or friends today!

PS 117 "Praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord."

What will you choose to do next time something happens:
1. complain and get mad
2. Praise the Lord for his merciful kindness.

I'd love for you to share some Praises with us.
Written 8/4/2009
Paula Micheal Seavey

No comments: