Saturday, August 15, 2009

Proverbs 4: 1-5, 13

"1. Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2. For I give you good doctrine forsake ye not my law.
3. For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
4. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments and live.
5. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not: neither decline from the words of my mouth.

13. Take fast hold of instruction: let her not ; keep her; for she is thy life.

I was reading this today when I heard a LOUD crash in the kitchen! I'm thinking OH NO!! I go in and see my whole Lighthouse dinner setting busted on the floor! Samuel is crying, Jason is standing there just staring like he's not sure what to do!

Naturally I wanted to pitch a fit, cause they had done something I had told them not to do, but I had to first find out if everyone was ok. . I'm going to apply this in away that I hope it will be a blessing or help to someone.

1. I can praise God that neither of my boys were hurt. Am I upset I lost an 8 place setting? yes, but more importantly my boys weren't cut or hurt.
2. Would shouting at them accomplish anything? No, but they learned a lesson an gained wisdom from it. They learned that you have to do things in a certain order. As the Bible says, Do things decently and in order. They were doing the decently and they were partially following instruction, but the part they didn't do resulted in a mess.
3. Did they disobey? Yes, they had done something they were told not to do, however they learned a lesson. Why can't I, we, forgive when something not so pleasant happens. I'm sad my about my plates, but more pleased with the fact they learned a lesson and they are sorry for what they did.

Pr 5:1-2 "My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
That thou mayest regard discretion. and that thy lips may keep knowledge."

After we, they, got everything cleaned up and I told them calmly how they were to do the job they listened and understood why the first way was not good but gained a little wisdom in how to do the job completely right.
I must say I'm very pleased with my boys and that they took the disciple and correction well.

No comments: