Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Yo-Yo life......

Do you ever feel your life is on a Yo-Yo?? Like no matter what you can't get a grasp on life. The Bible has the answer on how you can take the Yo-Yo and turn it into a road of sweet rest. This actually came to being, after I had talked with a friend, she asked if dealing with somethings we're having to deal with right now made me feel like a Yo-Yo. Up and down, up and down, up and down one day it's up, the next day it's down......This set me to thinking about it. We can have a yo-yo of a life or we can have a peaceful quiet road of sweet rest.


Unsaved people will many times feel they are on a yo-yo. Why? It's harder to have peace about things when you don't have Jesus to guide you day by day. The Bible tells in Proverbs, Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path.

My question to you friend is Do you want to live your life as a yo-yo? Wouldn't it better know 100% for sure that you are on your way to heaven and that life can smooth (now don't get me wrong, even Christians have bumps in the road) with Christ though we have no need to stay on the string of the yo-yo going no place!


I want to share with you a few verses:
Romans 3:10
"As it is written there is none righteous, no, not one."
This simply means none of us are perfect! We're going to try and make it on our own ending up on the yo-yo way.

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
We're all sinners, we make mistakes but guess what?! It doesn't end here.

Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
There is a payment for that sin, If we want to pay for it ourselves it's death and hell. However there's a free gift that you can have. That's the gift of God!

Romans 5:8
"But God commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
You know God loved us so much he gave his only son! WOW how many of us love someone so much we would sacrifice our only son for them?? God did and that is why we have the free gift of salvation.

Romans 10:13
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Did you know that whosoever is You, Me, the person down the street ANYONE?! This takes me to July 25th, I was in DC with my church and the last house I stopped at was a Chinese man (deaf) He accepted this free gift through me sharing with him in sign language that WHOSOEVER believeth on Jesus CAN be saved! Jillian accepted Christ and he was excited that he was going to heaven.

He now doesn't have to live the life of a yo-yo not knowing if he's up or down, but he now has Jesus in his life and can live a life of sweet rest. Yes, he'll still sin, Yes, he'll still have things pop up in his life BUT he has Jesus to lean on!!


Leaning, Leaning, Safe and secure from all alarms, Leaning, Leaning, on the everlasting arms! Who's arms? Jesus!


Now, do I, did I feel like a yo-yo with this one situation YES!! BUT, I have Jesus to care for that situation and although my heart says one thing, my mind says another, the leader I'm talking with says another......We will have a road of sweet rest in the end. Why we KNOW Jesus as our personal Saviour and we KNOW he will take care of all the burdens and hard times that are ahead of us.

I know today's lesson is more for the unsaved, but to my friends who already know our wonderful Saviour and serve him daily. What little "Yo-Yo" in your life is causing you to not depend on God? What "yo-yo" is making the bump in the road worse that what it needs to be?

Turn that "yo-yo" over to Christ and he'll carry the burden for you.


Please let me know if you accept Jesus into your heart.

8/13/09
Paula Micheal Seavey

No comments: