Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jeremiah 33:3

Jer 33:3
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Today has been spent a lot praying and asking for a few things. We've had some changes, in just 24 hours take place and it's going to prove interesting over the next few wks especially with school starting up in less than 3 wks.

We've not had an answer to our prayers yet, but the Bible clearly states "Call unto me, and I will answer thee...." as my children an I were talking early, one of them said, "mom, doesn't the Bible say, "Ye have not because ye ask not"? This was when we were discussing the cuts coming and changes that will take place between now and Sept 1st.

We are in anticipation waiting to see how God will fulfill this need we have. Another verse we looked to was "But my God shall supply all thy need, according to his riches in glory...."

If you have a need, a desire, an urgent matter, simply take it to the Lord. He wants us to bring our burdens to him and to let him carry the load. I don't know that this is much of a devotional but I thought maybe someone needed a reminder that God is in control no matter your situation. And as Jeremiah says, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and might things, which thou knowest not." It's not always easy to say, here you go Lord. You know what though, it sure makes life easier when you do.

8/12/09
Paula Micheal Seavey

No comments: