Tuesday, August 25, 2009

....strength is made perfect in my weakness....

II Corinthians 12:19 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

What a wonderful thought that our strength is made perfect in weakness. The Lord gives us the perfect strength that we need in our time of weakness! I started this week in a "weak" way. I had been ill for several days and had to go to work anyway. It didn't really matter that I had been sick I had a responsibility.
Through the strength of the Lord and praying for strength I made it through and although I was very tired had a good day!
Job 12:3 "With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding."
1. With God is wisdom and strength.
2. With man you can receive wisdom, but we should gain our wisdom mainly through God. Now God uses, Pastors, teachers, laymen to teach us wisdom and then we gain it by going to God's word. We also gain our strength through God's word and studying God's word!

Ps 27:1b "....the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
1. Whom do you depend on for your daily strength? If we try to go in our own we won't make it.
2. But if we claim this verse Ps 27:1b and Phil 4:13 we can make it!!

Ps 84:5 "Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee: in whose heart are the ways of them."
1. Wow! what an awesome thought that we are blessed by having our strength in the Lord.
2. It is a very wise thing to depend on God for our strength.

Perfect- "There is none righteousness (perfect) no not one."
Wouldn't it be wonderful to be perfect?? Just think in Heaven we will be perfect! WOW Wouldn't it be wonderful to not have to worry of hurting another, saying something wrong, so on and so forth? However, since we don't live in a perfect world we can work towards that!

Deuteronomy 18:13 "Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God"
Ps 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."

In God's eyes we are perfect! You say how is that well I love this song that says it perfectly!

"What sins are you talking about?"
That is what Jesus says, when we ask for his forgiveness! He sees us a perfect white peace of paper never marked or scuffed. We are perfect.....so he says, "What sins are you talking about?"

James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh from the Father of lights...."
Salvation is the perfect gift! Once we realize we need Christ there is no better gift than the Perfect Gift of Salvation!!!

No comments: