Monday, August 10, 2009

Do People Run the other way.......

"Do People Run the Other Way When They See You Coming?"

II Corinthians 2:1-3
"But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.

For it I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?

And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice: having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all."

A few days ago, I was at the grocery store and saw several people I knew most of which I was more than delighted to speak to. However do you ever see someone and think OH NO! You don't ask how they are or you get a 30 min "lecture" on how horrible the day is.

Well, as I was reading in II Corinthians and came across this passage this topic came to mind. To share a burden or prayer request is wonderful especially when you know the person will help you pray. However if you are just griping and complaining making the person sorry they are talking with you then it's not good.

When I think of people I love to see they are ones such as Margaret, (my sis) she can make you laugh no matter how you are feeling or how rough your day may be. I think of Jennie (a very dear friend) who's always so encouraging and seems to always have a smile on her face. There's Bro Nash who can take anything and make it a joke. There's Bro Bush (my boss) who has a way of making your day so much brighter.

I'll not name them but just as I've listed these people who are joy to see there are those when I see them it's OH NO! Now I consider myself a friendly person and I try to be positive no matter what. There are times though I want to look at the person and say, "let me tell you my problems!" Is that right? No, however when that's all you get from some people eventually you begin to think that way. This could go back to yesterdays post with Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Think about this: If every time we go to God in prayer all we do is complain do you think that makes him pleased. Now I know we're to carry ALL our burdens to the Lord don't' you think though that he would like to hear praises and thank yous from us. It's the same with friends we enjoy hearing the good and would rather not hear all the bad.

Like Margaret, Jennie, Bro Nash, Bro Bush it's a joy to see them, to talk with them, to receive letters. Lets be careful that when someone sees us coming down the street or sees our phone number on caller ID they don't run the other way.

So lets be careful, be positive, be an encourager, don't be critical and negative all the time.
....that my joy is the joy of you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do when people run cause your Christian????

Little Emily 13

Our7isheaven said...

Emily, sometimes we have to stand alone. It's not always easy, but you stay right and serving your Lord. He will guide you and the other kids at school will see the difference in your life.

Anyone that reads this is welcome to add to this.

Mrs Paula