Monday, August 17, 2009

What's Your Cause?

I Samuel 17:29 "And David said, What I now done? Is there not a cause?

What is your cause?
A cause is a purpose plus a little something extra!
What makes you go a little further?

What is your cause in your Christian life?? Do you do just minimal? OR Do you go a little further for the cause?
I asked my kids what their cause was and without giving their names this is what I got:
1. my cause is to graduate
2. my cause is to pass my my classes
3. my cause is to play hard
4. My cause is to see people saved on my bus route
5. my cause is to grow more in walk with Jesus
6. my cause is become a better prayer warrior
7. my cause is to love Jesus more
8. my cause is to win in the baseball championship game
9. my cause is to obey mommy so I don't get spanked
10. my cause is to follow God and do what his will is

All of these are from my children ages 10 to 17 I'm sure some of them you can tell it was a younger child, but they have a cause for their life.

What is your Cause??
Here are a few things that should be our cause:
1. Growing in God's Words
2. Prayer Warrior
3. Soul-winner
4. Doing your best in your ministry
5. To please God in all we do and say. To have a sweet attitude about what we do. The right kind of heart to better serve our Lord.
This is just a few but I'm sure as we think about our cause you could come up with much more.

vr 37 David said moreover, The Lord hath delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with you.
David knew his cause! He obeyed the Lord and was delivered. He went and did what the Lord wanted for a cause.

Applying this to those starting school....
What is your cause for school? To goof off and stay in trouble, to do your work to just get by, OR To obey your teachers/parents, do your work to the best of ability doing your best for a cause! What is this cause when you think of school, it's to pass your classes and to cont on through school.

So I ask you what is your cause?

No comments: