Saturday, August 22, 2009

Psalms 23

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Psalms 23 this is such a wonderful passage it's even a comfort to read in trials or tribulations.

Psalm 23
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
You know the Lord will guide us and lead us through life. Even when we don't want him to lead he's there.

2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of rightesousness for his name's sake.
It's a wonderful thing to know that when we're down the Lord leads us to green pastures (His Word) which feeds and refreshes us. Through that it restores our soul to what it needs to be.

4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou are with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
I thought of this verse yesterday as I prayed for the families in Gaylord MI. The wife who's expecting her first, lost her husband. The parents who although they have 4 other children lost 2 sons! The family who doesn't know if their son will live or die. They don't even know how severe his injuries are and if he lives how he'll be. You know though, these families walk through the valley right now, God will bring them to the Mountain top! They have no need to fear for God is with them. What an awesome thought!

5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
The devil may attack us in our day to day lives, but the Lord is already prepared for our enemies. If we serve the Lord and do as he wants we can be assured that our enemies will try to attack. I honestly believe Grace Baptist church and the families there are going to see great and mighty things come from this accident. However they're will probably be attacks also. We can look to Jesus though and be assured that he is with us and our cups will over run with joy.

6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Isn't it wonderful that the Lords goodness and mercy are with us ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE?! When we finish our life here on earth we will DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD FOR EVER!!

PS 23 is full of so many promises, helps and encouragement. This is one of many things that the Lord has shown me in this chapter!
1. The Lord is my shepherd!
2. He knows what we need, place of rest, water to drink, restores out soul to serve him and he's our Salvation!
3. He goes before us and we have no need of fear even in the valley!
4. Again, he goes before us and prepares for the enemy.
5. He shows each of us his goodness and kindness and has a home for us in Heaven!

What wonderful thoughts!!!
Thank You Lord for this chapter that is so full of LOVE, LEADERSHIP, GUIDANCE and so much more!!

8/22/09
Paula Micheal Seavey

No comments: