Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My God is Near

Psalm 139: 1-12
"O Lord, thou has searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path, and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou are there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

Do you have days where it seems God is far off? Where no matter how hard you try he's just not there? I was looking for a song that a friend is needing and came across this song which was based on the above the scripture

MY GOD IS NEAR

vr 1 Make me know your presence, Lord the King of glory here. You know each tho't and action, hope, anxiety and fear. How can I hide from Thee? Can darkness hide iniquity? OH, how can I unfaithful be, when You are very near to me?

Vr 2 Make me know Your presence, Lord, when I feel so alone. You know each trial and testing, pain, the hurt that is "unknown." Oh, why can I not see Your hand so firmly guiding me? Oh, how can I untrusting be, when You are near to me?

Chorus: When God is near, all the world seems far away. When God is near, every fear is set aside. When God is near, how can I stray, how can I falter? I'll stay upon the altar. I know my God is near!

After reading the scripture and reading the song, it simply made it so clear that although we don't feel God is near, or feel he cares. HE DOES!!! I have not doubted his care, but I tell you such as yesterday I was wondering where is God, why can't get peace about this school situation. This morning once reading the scriptures and seeing this song I may not feel 100% "good" about the situation, but I know not only will God be with me he'll be with my children!

Isn't God Good?!?! GOD IS NEAR!!!!

8/11/09
Paula Micheal Seavey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great help an something I will remember. I go to public school and it's not always easy!
Little Emily 13