Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Lamp unto my feet.....

Psalm 119:105 "They word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

As I searched for a picture of a light that would be like a lamp to guide our feet. I found many different types. Some were dim and wouldn't of helped one along the way, some were so bright that it was like daylight out, then I found the one picture above... It shines, gives the light needed to guide one along. This is how God is for us, he's a light unto our feet, how? Through His word, the Bible.

I was also thinking children like the nite lights. That little lite that children depend upon in the middle of the night to show them the way to mommy, or to the restroom is very important. So shouldn't the light of God's Word be important. We can go on our own depending on our eyes to guide us, but will they guide us right? Will they help us to see the stumbling block? Will our eyes see the danger that is ahead? The answer to these questions is Not Always! Why? Because we're human we don't always see that dip in the road or the crack on the sidewalk that will cause us to fall. If we don't let God's word light our path in our daily walk with Him, the Lord knows what is coming up in our lives. He see's the pitfall, he see's the pain we will endure, he knows where we'll need a little more love, or extra grace to get through the day. If we ponder the words of the Lord, if we depend on his promises he will always be there for us. He will be the Lamp unto our feet and the light for our path.

Did you forget to pray and read your Bible before you left your room this morning?
Did you forget to ask the Lord to be your light for the day to show you the path to take?
OR
Did you go to the Lord in prayer and Bible reading?
Did you go to the Lord asking him to be the light of your path?

Which set of questions did you answer yes to?
Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just searching and looking at various blogs, you are a good writer!!

I really enjoyed the different things you wrote. WOW You mother in law getting saved at age 74. We serve a mighty God who is amazing beyond words.

Thank you for being willing to share things with a world that doesn't really care.

A friend from Africa, Arteules

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to say that I acquire
in fact loved account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing on
your augment or even I achievement you access consistently fast.



Feel free to visit my web blog Raspberry Ketone Diets