Saturday, September 26, 2009

Who's Your Best Friend?

On Friday at our basketball game I was watching several little girls play on the floor in front of me. One of them I know fairly well and the other 2 I'm getting to know. The one young girl pulled her friend aside and said, "Your my best friend lets leave her." I watched as the girls walked away from the 3rd little girl. The pain, and hurt that came into her eyes. I started thinking how often do we do that to Jesus. As the young girl sat there and cont to play by herself, but she wasn't as happy as when the other 2 girls were there. The verse in Proverbs that says, "A friend loveth at all times...." The other girls came back over and without one bit of hesitation, the 3rd young girl asked, "do you want to play with me now?" WOW!! Even though the other 2 had been mean she still offered to play with them.

Proverbs 27:6 "Faithful are the wounds of a friend...." Are we like the little girl who remained a friend or do we push the friend aside because he or she was cruel to us.
Jesus gave his life for us. Do we treat him as the 2 little girls did their 3rd friend? OH not today Jesus, I'm to busy with ________________ and whatever it is.
Did you think to pray this morning ere you left your room??
Jesus is to be our "BEST" friend! God is our father!! The Holy Spirit leads us.
Who do you prefer over Jesus?
Do you push him aside in your daily activities?

I love the little song J-O-Y
J is for Jesus he is the way
O is for others tell them today
Y is for you my FRIEND why don't you come to Him.
Joy is the way you feel when you let him in!!

Jesus first
Others Second
Yourself last

J-Joy
E-Eternal
S-Salvation
U-U he loved enough to die for
S-Security

Lets be as the little girl who was left alone but when her friends returned she accepted them back with no hard feelings! Then most importantly lets NOT push Jesus aside and forget him in our daily lives.
I pray that as you read this in some small way it has helped you or been a blessing to you.
Have a great wkend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me need this, I hold grudge sometime hurt friend. Thank you
Misty Lynne

Anonymous said...

Children can teach such wonderful lessons and not even realize they are doing it.

Thank you for sharing that, it does make you think, how often do I push Christ aside.

A Friend

Anonymous said...

I have throughly enjoyed your devo's!

Cindy