Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Bible is:

The Infallible Authority
II Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

This is such a wonderful thought, that ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God! If we only had man's words to go on. That wouldn't be a whole lot! Praise the Lord that his word is inspired!!
Not only that it's profitable for doctrine! We've been studying Doctrine in SS at our church and I just love it! There's so much that could be said, about doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction! God simply gave it ALL to us through His Word!!

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Can you imagine (as Christians I'm sure we can) but can you imagine the Bible being sharper than ANY two-edged sword! WOW!! Our Bible is our Sword!

I Peter 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

Our first birth, of blood and water was corrupt and that is why we are sinners; but praise the Lord our 2nd birth, salvation, is incorruptible! Yes, we are still sinners BUT we are saved by grace AMEN!!!

Our Guide for Life

Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

If we would only study the Bible and learn it as we should God says, thy word is a lamp AND a light! We just need to take it and us it!!

Proverbs 6:22, 23 "When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thy awakest, it shall talk with thee.
For the commandment is a lamp and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:"

As I've been going through this and studying it I'm just amazed how God knew what we needed, when we needed it and everything! I grew up in Church, I've had the privilege of attending Christian School all my life, the Lord allowed me to attended Bible college. Now, my children are growing up in Church, attending Christian School and in a little under a yr. our oldest will go off to Bible College! Why am I putting this in? I believe it's all because I gave my life to the Lord to lead, keep and talk with me! I've to the best of my ability kept his commandments, even though I've failed, I still through prayer and Bible reading and asking forgiveness have done my BEST for him! We as individuals can do ALL do this. Yes, we'll fail.....However, God will be there to pick us up and carry us when needed. I love the poem "Footprints" I don't know or remember it all, but there's one part I really loved most and that's where it says, I looked and saw only one set of footprints. Jesus was carrying me isn't that an AWESOME thought!!

II Timothy 3:16, 17 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

I know I used this verse earlier but again it just shows that God is there for us! No matter what through his word he's there!

Our Strength

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

This is one of my MOST favorites verses (I know that's not the best grammar) but it carries so much truth! I won't belabored this vrs, because I have done a study on it already, but just imagine; wait on the Lord and he SHALL renew thy strength! WOW!!! He gives us strength when we're weary, faint, it doesn't matter, he gives strength to make it!

Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

With the Lord we have no reason to fear or be afraid! God isn't the author of fear, confusion or any of the things that would cause uneasiness in our lives. He's our Salvation! He died on the cross and rose again 3 days later so you and I could rest and have peace in the fact we have a loving Heavenly father who loves us and cares for us and gives us the strength needed to make it day by day!

I pray as you read through these verses that in some small way, you were encouraged or helped today! May God bless you and Have a WONDERFUL week in the Lord!

1 comment:

Evangelist David Dunn said...

Hello Paula,

I just had to come and check out what you had posted... I always Love to be encouraged about my Bible!
I like your post, and if it is ok, I would like to use some of it to help in a message that I am working on.
Would that be ok with you?
Pls let me know!

David