Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Step up Your Game....

Good Morning!

On this past Sunday night my husband preached a sermon, "We need to step up our game" He took in the direction of stepping up in your standards, stepping up in your service for the Lord, stepping up by, stepping away from sin and many other things.

I was thinking about as Parents, employee's, friends, really are area's of our lives. How can we "Step up our game"?

What are ways you could step your game? What program on tv do you watch that you KNOW is wrong but you "don't" have anything else to do that 1/2 that is on. What type of music do you listen to that you KNOW you could step up your game by switching to Good Fundamental Gospel Music. I'm not talking contemporary I'm talking Good Ole Fashion Gospel Music.

Here are a few things I'm going to share with you on how we can step up our game.....

1. Don't complain ~ In whatsoever state I am therewith to be content! What in your life are you Not content with? I will admit I have things in my life that I'm content with, I'm human but I'm working on them just as each of us should.

2. Be Soul winner ~ How often do you witness to someone? I'm talking visiting that's what you do when you want to see someone you've not seen in a long time. What I mean is: Go ye into the highways and byways. Share the word of God with others.

3. Talents ~ what talent do you have that you're not using or using as little as you can. I play the piano but for yrs I've used the excuse, I've not played or had lessons since College so I can't play. Now one of things I'm doing as a new Pastors wife is stepping up my game in playing the piano. Yes, I'm rusty and yes I won't be playing for Congregation's for awhile. But we have a wonderful piano player who's willing to help me "Re-learn" the piano! So what area can you step up in? Piano, singing, teaching a Sunday School class, so many things, that so many can do.


I pray as you go through your day today, that you'll find something you could step your game up in. Maybe cleaning house ~ we are to be keepers at home.
Maybe cleaning up your computer ~ getting rid of the bad and replacing it with good.
Maybe being a better listener with friends, your children, your Spouse~

Lets find an area and Work on it! Make it better! Step it up!

No comments: