Saturday, March 24, 2012

I know where I'm going!

I know where I'm going
And who I'm gonna see
I have a friend named Jesus
Waiting there for me
He has given something, that only he can give
...
He gave His life in payment, so that I could live

One day I was wandering what's it all about
Life is full of heartbreak,
Restlessness and doubt
Then the voice from heaven
whispered words of Love
Pointed to me Heaven wrote my name above

I know where I'm going and who I'm gonna see
I have a friend name Jesus waiting there for me
He has given something that only He could give
He gave His life in payment so that I could live.

So, friend if you are searching for a better way
I'm recommending Jesus
trust in Him today.
He will give life meaning like none other can
come and travel with me to the Promise land.

I know where I'm going and who I'm gonna see
I have a friend name Jesus waiting there for me
He has given something that only he could give
He gave His life in payment so that I could live.

3 comments:

LASmith said...

Our class sang this song at our 8th grade graduation! I've never been able to find the words until now! Thank you so much for posting them! =)

Unknown said...

My mom sang this to me when I was a young child 40yrs ago. I thought she made it up for the longest. I remember ever word but I think it's awesome I found it online. Thanks for posting.

Paradiselost said...

I sang this beautiful song in a duet once. Does anyone know who wrote it and when?