Thursday, July 8, 2010

Help in time of need

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in the time of need." KJB

Have you ever wonder why God allows certain people to come into your life? I was thinking about that the other day. A friend, whom I'll not name as to not embarrass her, sent an e-mail to me thanking me for being a friend.

This young lady and I knew each other, we went to school together and I believe became good friends. We ended up going our separate ways, but the Lord never allowed me to forget her. As the years past I would pray for her. Having NO idea what she was going through. Well, back about...... I believe 4 yrs ago we got back in touch with other. I still was unaware of anything in her life, until the other day. She asked me to pray for her, and assured her I was and had been since we had lost contact. Over the past few days we've e-mailed several times and as I was reading in Hebrews today I came across this verse ....find grace to help in the time of need. I had NO idea that one e-mail I sent her would be an encouragement. She shared with me things that she didn't have too and I believe that God brought as together years ago, so that at this time of her life I could help her in the time of need. If she reads this I believe she knows I love her and will be there for her.

Then also I think of a family who has suffered much, and another family whom they were already friends with, was there to help in their time of need.

Is it always easy to help in the time of need? NO
Do we want to help in the time of need? Not always
Does God give the grace needed to help in the time of need? YES!!!

Now, we may not see that grace that is needed to help and we may think, Why me?? May I say that God was there when, You, were in need! God died on the cross at a time that we needed Him. That grace that God gave us, he allows us to share with others.

So the next time you hear of one who needs help think of Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in the time of need."

Who might you help this today?

1 comment:

Day to Day Life said...

I just cried reading this!!! This has touched my heart and my life more then you would ever know.
I often think of the forgivness that I never deserve, yet GRACE is such a wonderful gift. I praise God that He has given me a second chance to become that woman only He knew I could and would become.
I love You so much!!