Sunday, February 27, 2011

Heaven Sounding Sweeter

Today my mother in law would of been 75, a little over 4 months ago she promoted to heaven. Praise the Lord last Feb on the day after her birthday she accepted Christ as her personal Saviour!! This poem is in memory of her:

This isn't Death

This isn't death, it's glory;
it isn't dark, it's light;
It isn't stumbling, groping,
Or even faith--it's sight.

This isn't grief, it's having
My last tear wiped away;
It's sunrise--the morning
Of my eternal day.

This isn't even praying;
It's speaking face to face,
It's listening and it's glimpsing
The wonders of His grace.

This is the end of all pleading
For strength to bear my Pain
Not even pain's dark memory
Will ever live again.

How did I bear the earth life
Before I came up higher,
Before my soul was granted
Its every deep desire?

Before I knew this rapture
Of meeting face to face
That ONE who sought me, saved me,
And kept me by His grace?

M. S. Nicholson

No comments: