Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Being the Help Meet you were meant to be. 20 of 24

Good Morning! Well, my computer is still down, but praise the Lord my son's computer is working :) Today's lesson is one that I really have enjoyed doing.

Keepers at home!
Keepers - Being on guard, watching, caretaker.
Home - Seat of domestice life.

Titus 2:4-5 "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, keepers at home...."  
Why are we told to be keepers at home?  *This is the 6th of 8 mandates for young women. Did you realize that being a keeper at home is NOT a suggestion that we do it, but rather it is God's will for wives!
For a little over 16 yrs I was a stay at home wife/mom. I absolutely loved it. Then a few yrs ago I had to go out of the home to work. Now, for me it was fun yes, I was working at the school my children attended and still got to "be" with them; BUT my house was slowing "dieing". What I mean I wasn't able to do a full time job out of the home as well as be a keeper at home. After 2 yrs we decided that I needed to go back to being a stay at home wife/mom. It has been a little over 9 months now that I've been back to being the keeper at home and our home is better for it.
Now I understand that sometimes a wife has to work maybe a childs health requires mom to work to help pay the medical bills, maybe you have to work because of built up debt, maybe your husband ask you to step into the work force because of today's economy. These are all good reasons but you need to be sure to balance your time and day to make sure you maintain the keeper of the home.

*A home is not a home unless the lady is there making it a home. A young mother's place is in the home, keeping it, guarding it, watching over those entrusted to her.

You may ask well whom do I obey? God say's to be a keeper at home, but my husband has asked me to work out of the home. God makes a way for you to obey both the most important thing is attitude. Is your heart surrendered to your husband? If so then it's God's responsiblity to resolve the conflict.

*Trust is the key word. Depend on your husband's wisdom and guidance.
*It was as though God spoke to me and said, "is the word "blasheme" too strong?"

I Timothy 5:14 "I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully"
Hum..... are you "leaving home" via your phone, e-mail, chat rooms, internet???
How much time do you spend on  the internet while your children run wild? How much time do you spend talking about that which really you shouldn't talk about?? *"...they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not." WOW!!! Yea, you're at home, but are you really at home?? Sometlhing to seriously consider and think about.
What consumes your time during during the day:
Your children?
Your family?
Your house?
Your husband?
OR
The soaps on TV?
Internet?
E-mail?
Chat rooms?
The phone?
Texting?

Did you realize that when you sit down at the computer (I have noticed this) you don't want ANYONE children included to bother you?  Or you are watching a tv show, doesn't it just bug you when a child or your husband comes up and wants to talk to you. Your like can't it wait?? Are you at home or entertaining the "home" of the tv, internet, chat room etc.

Proverbs 12:4 "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones."
Keeping the home it's more than staying home! Your heart is fixed on your house. Being a Help Meet will engage in creative enterprises that challenge and inspire the children.
As a keeper at home you guard against outside influences.
As a keeper at home you protect your children from the own inventions of evil.
As a keeper at home you are NOT idle and you don't allow your children to be idle.
As a keeper at home you ease your husbands load.
As a keeper at home you teach the children to enjoy and love serving Daddy.
As a keeper at home you will make the home where when hubby/daddy comes in it's a sanctuary of peace, love and order.

*A real Help Meet will make herself useful to her man instead of wasting her time.

If you need to work out of the home for whatever reason remember have the right attitude, have faith in your husband that he knows what needs to be done, trust God to care for the situation of having to work out of the home.

*taken from "Created to be His Help Meet"

2 comments:

Completely7 said...

This is just what I needed. Thank you.

Our7isheaven said...

After I had sent you the one note I was looking through the last few lessons and waited till I posted this one before repling again.
You are so welcome, I pray it's what you need.

Your friend,