Saturday, October 2, 2010

Self-Control Saturday

Proverbs 16:32 "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."

Self-control, do we truly have self-control?
I was told the other day about this "diet" that if you have a strong will and good self-control you can have wonderful results with the diet. Well, do you realize if we had self-control in the first place we wouldn't need to do all these diets. I do understand that health sometimes cause weight problems, and having children can cause it too. Trust me I know about that one :) After 5 children I'm still working on regaining my proper weight.

Self-control - letting the Holy Spirit control your spirit. How many of us do this? We allow the Holy Spirit to have control but do we do it all area's of our lives.

Put self on the back and let God lead through the Holy Spirit.
This can be applied to so many areas, Internet, TV, eating, waisting time, cleaning house, schooling just to list a few....

Proverbs 16:32 "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ms Paula, I need that.

Lisa Ann