Monday, October 4, 2010

Are you being a Tattletale or telling....

Proverbs 10:12 "Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins."

(I got this from an e-mail an wanted to share it. Reason being I have children at home all day w/home schooling and then also children will tattle and this is an awesome way to curve it.)

My son could hardly wait to talk to me one day during our school time. I could tell he had something important to say and was anxiously waiting to share the news. As soon as the words came out of his mouth, I knew where the conversation was headed. Midway through his first sentence, I interrupted him, and a surprised look crossed his face. I asked, "Are you telling on your sister for a particular reason? No one likes a tattletale."

Home school children are no different from those who attend a school and they want to "tell something on another". By natural nature they have a strong sense of right and wrong, but they often misuse this sense by tattling to make their sibling/friend look bad. As parents we need to teach our children to confess their own sins not others sins. They need to help others in their mistakes instead of condemning them. I Peter 4:8 "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves; for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."

Romans 13;10a says, "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour...." By keeping that bit of "juicy" news to yourself it becomes difficult when you are w/friends. Do you think it your responsibility to expose the failings of others? Here's two questions for you: 1. Do I need to share this information to keep someone from being hurt physically? 2. Am I sharing this news to get someone in trouble or out of trouble?

Remember, love covers a multitude of sins. Why not ask God to give the wisdom needed to help you, help that sibling/friend rather than condemn them.

No comments: