Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Do you have something New your facing?

I enjoy reading and recently I've been reading a book Authored by Dr Jack Hyles (my former Pastor).
.I have several things come into my life that is requiring facing some new task and changes. Well, In Psalm 72 the Author is Solomon, now he had just become King. God gave him one request.
Read I Kings 3:5-12
God gave Solomon one request. Solomon replied to God that he was but like a child and he knew not how to come out and go in. His request was that God give him wisdom and an understanding heart so he would know how to judge properly. It was here that Solomon probably wrote the 72nd Psalm.
Read Psalm 72:1-4
Verse 1 especially bears out Solomons request when he says, "Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son."
Solomon was both the king and the king's son, and here he asking in song what he had asked in I Kings 3:5-12

Just a thought from a great man of God in the book he wrote "The Story Behind The Psalms" and the Bible!

No comments: