Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Power of Friendship

Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
Proverbs 27:10 "Thine own friend, and thy fathers's friend, forsake not...."
Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
Proverbs 18:24 "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly...."


A friend is one who shares my yoke,
Whose every presence doth provoke
New visions into view,
Endures me when I fuss and pout,
And helps me when in doubt,
To do what I can do
A friend is one, when dark occurs
Who helps me through life's hazy blurs,
To see what I can see
A friend is one whose voice assures,
And prods me on, when case allures,
To be what I can be
A friend is one who helps conceive
The things he knows I can achieve,
And helps my faith to grow;
He aids me to my hopes retrieve,
And spurs me on, till I believe,l
To go where I can go
A friend is one who amplifies
The voice of God when duty cries,m
And bends me to his ear;
Who silences the static near
And foreign sounds that interfere,
Then bids me list to voices clear
To hear what I can hear.
~~Dr Jack Hyles~~

2 comments:

Our7isheaven said...

I wanted to add my own comment that I have so many friends and the Lord has truly blessed me with some AWESOME friends.

I love people and I believe God has blessed because of that.

Anonymous said...

You've been an awesome friend the poem is you all the way!

Your friend Lisa