Monday, October 25, 2010

We Want America Back

This is the title to a CD I listen to often, my former Pastor speaks on this CD about the "old" America and how we want America back. Prayer back in school, Bible reading back in school, how about Bible classes back in school....

You know I grew up in Christian School and had the privilege of going to a Bible College. No one was offended because I wanted to pray or read my Bible. I can't imagine going to school where they get offended because I want to pray to my Lord and Saviour.

Proverbs 14:34 "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."
What has happened to our nation? I can tell you from my point of view and anyone who opens their eyes.... SIN we are to focused on "I" not on God. At our church we are entering our fall program and I love the theme "Hunting for Jesus"
1. Hunt for Jesus in his word
2. Hunt for Jesus through Prayer
3. Hunt for Jesus through soul-winning
4. Hunt for Jesus by asking for wisdom and becoming more like Him!
What an Awesome thing we can do!

We want America Back!! Back to the Old Time Religion, Back to Prayer and the Bible, Back to being concerned about man's soul.

George Washington said, "It is impossible to govern the world without God. He must be worse than an infidel that has not gratitude to acknowledge his obligation."

Abraham Lincoln said, "We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined that all things were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God who made us."

Psalm 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord...."

No comments: