Friday, February 10, 2012

Cry out to God

Psalm 77:1 - 3
I CRIED unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice: and he gave ear unto me.
In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
I remember God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

WOW!!! Do we CRY to the Lord? Do we complain to people or the Lord?

Now I'm not talking asking advice or seeking council, I'm talking about.....
Hi so-n-so did you hear that I had the worst day ever I just believe my husband did......
Then so-n-so says, yea you know my neighbour is so stupid I just wish.....

You are complaining and even heading into gossip when conversations go like this.

When the Psalmist said I CRIED unto God, he went to God an poured out his soul and the Lord heard him. vr 1
Yea, we all have days were it seems trouble is all around and there's no escape. Don't be like the Psalmist and refuse the comfort of the Lord. God want to comfort you through the night and day.
Sometimes our situations can be plain overwhelming but God is there, rather than complain or gripe to a person give it ALL to God. I love the children's song:

My God is so big so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God can not do.
Your God can take that pain, take that trouble and he's so big, so strong, so mighty that HE CAN handle it for you!

So lets cry unto the Lord and let him have our second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year etc. It's all HIS!!!

No comments: