Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Tongue

James 3:5 "Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things, Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!"

Oh be careful little tongue what you say
Oh be careful little tongue what you say
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little tongue what you say.

As a parent I've always known that what you say there's a 99% chance your little one will repeat you. Well, it doesn't stop when they get older, you still need to be careful what you say around your teens also but they do talk. This weekend I have 2 of my little nephews here and they are like little Parrots :) Are you careful what you say? The tongue maybe little but it can be very harmful!

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."
Vr 30 "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."
Vr 32 "And be ye kind one to another tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

This weekend I'm watching 2 of my nephews, their momma is very sick and has been in the hospital for 32 days, just getting out yesterday. To help their dad out we have them. Well, today Caleb my 17 yr old was talking to the youngest who's 4 and explaining that lieing is wrong. Well, as I was listening in on this conversation my nephew says to Caleb, if lieing is wrong isn't saying mean things wrong too. He's one smart little boy! I thought of the verses I posted from Ephesians for Christians corrupt could be saying a mean thing to your brother, sister, a friend. It may not be a curse word but if it's not uplifting, encouraging then certainly it's not clean and therefore it would be corrupt communications. We are told clearly in the Bible that it's not to come out of our mouth.

Do you want to grieve the Holy Spirit with corrupt communications?
As adults, teens, children we need to guard our spirits. We need to keep our heart, mind and soul clean and clear of corrupt things.

When someone does say something to you that isn't right, remember to forgive them. Just as verse 32 says, "...even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."  You need to forgive!

So as the song says,
Oh be careful little mouth what you say
Oh be careful little mouth what you say
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little mouth what you say!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi theгe, just became alert to уour blog through Goοgle, аnd founԁ that it
is really informatiνе. I am gonna
wаtch out foг bruѕsels. I wіll be grateful if yοu continuе this in future.

Lots of ρeople will be benefited from your writіng.
Cheers!

Μy ωebsіte; Buy toys Today
my website > cheap toys

Our7isheaven said...

Thank you! I plan to keep this going I may not be able to get on daily, but blog when I can.

Paula