Monday, March 25, 2013

This blog was written by my son.....


My son Caleb Robert is 18 yrs old and he has a desire to serve the Lord. He has such high goals for himself and he knows that the Lord has something for him to do.... His dad, Pastor of SBC Palermo, ME, asked him to write a challenge for the teens of our church. I was very pleased with what he wrote and wanted to share his challenge on my blog:
(I think this can be applied to adults also, make a joyful noise.)


"Make a Joyful noise unto the Lord"
Read Psalm 100

As I read this chapter I was thinking how could this apply to teens. In chapter 100 it talks of singing.
A sign of happiness is singing, and it's the same for Godliness too. When one doesn't sing it could
mean that person isn't happy.
So teens the reason we sing isn't for applause, or our pleasure, but rather for God's pleasure. He tells us to make a Joyful noise to Him. Does it always sound good? No, but we are to sing even it doesn't sound good.

So lets all make a Joyful noise unto the Lord through singing!
By Caleb S.

No comments: