Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Looking backwards or forward, Which are you doing?

Job 11:14-17 Verse 16 being the key vr.
"14 - If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.
15 - For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:
16 - Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:
17 - And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning."
 
 
 
Each of us probably have things in our past that we would like to forget, but Satan keeps bringing it up in different situations. When things are going great and your serving God, ole smutty face throws something in your path that brings up past sins or issues. I can't recall who I heard say this, but then I've heard it from many people is, "Burn your Bridges behind you and don't look back.
 
What is it in your life that you need to burn the bridge to?
What person in your past hurt you, molested you, beat you (I'm speaking of a spanking from your parents) I mean physically abused you. What is that thing you did that caused heartache and pain to you, your friends, family... You know those things we need to do as Job did in verse 16, "Because thou shalt FORGET thy misery...." If you have accepted Christ as your Saviour there is NO need to hang onto that past sin or wrong. God has forgiven you and buried it the deepest sea, What sin are you talking about? is what he says!
 
When Jesus died on the cross he took my sin,  your sin, the WHOLE Worlds sin upon his shoulders and buried them in the deepest sea!!! WOW!!! When he see you and me he see us as "White as Snow" Let by gones be by gones, burn that bridge, stop dwelling on what could have been and focus on what is NOW!
 
Back in February, I realized that if the Lord was going to use my family here in Maine, I had to stop saying, "What if?" What if we had of stayed in West Virgina? What if this or that hadn't of happened? Well, friend what if it hadn't of happened, would you be where God wants you today? See back in February I told the Lord, that even though Maine wasn't my choice of places to live that if this was where we were to be, I'd adjust. That is exactly how I said it to. You ask why did you say adjust, well if you don't know me, I'm a city kid from NC! MUCH warmer there than in Maine. After all here it is March the 19th and we are having a snow storm... Now do you see why I said adjust?! :D LOL So yes, I had to say, Ok Lord I'll adjust if this is where you want us. Would you know that on March 10th, I got my answer that, Yes, we are where God wants us to serve. I'm so thankful that I said, ok Lord I'll do what you want.
 
 
So friend Have Faith that God will help you FORGET the what ifs and the sin in your past. He is able to do all things!
 
"I can do all things through Christ...." You can burn that bridge! You can cont on through life no matter what your past holds! You can conquer that thing in your life that haunts you!
 
"What sins are you talking about?" I've buried them in the deepest sea!
 
Gone Gone yes my sins are gone! Buried in the deepest sea, G-O-N-E Yes my sins are GONE!!
 
So are you looking to the future? or looking to the past?
Trust on the Lord with all thine heart, he can take care of ALL things!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: