Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How Do You think?

I went to a Ladies mtg back a few yrs ago and heard who is now my former Pastors wife speak. I came across my notes from her lesson and really felt the Lord would have me share this with you today.

Mrs Cindy Schaap spoke out of Titus 2 (didn't write the vrs) oops
Well, her topic was very good and it helped me to think about how do I think.
Living on the bright side I Peter 3: 10-11 "For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
Let him eschew eveil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it."
~Refrain from speaking evil
~The thoughts you think what are they?
~ Negative thoughts always lead to negative words.
~Positive thoughts always lead to positive words.

Are your thoughts bringing Death?
1. Worry-it's a sin!
2. Criticism-natural to do but you don't have to be critical
3. Day dream
4. Self Criticism-just as sinful as being critical daily.
5. Jundemental-having an opinion about one without proper information.
6. Suspicion-of others
7. Evil thoughts-wondering what will happen if.....

YOU CAN CONTROL WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT!

Are your thought bringing Life?
1. Thoughts about God's power
2. Thoughts about the Bible Romans 8:11
The spirit that raised Jesus from the grave can lift you up as well.
3. Thoughts about God
4. Edifying Thoughts
5. Thoughts about God's love-Ask God to show you something daily.
6. Thoughts of Praise!
7. Positive thoughts-Satan and God fight for your thoughts! Accept that Satan will always bring up the past. However you can ALWAYS win by being positive.

The mind of Christ is focused!
The mind of Christ is at rest!
The mind of Christ easily makes decisions.

Praise God when you wake up in the morning!
Read that Bible it WILL change your life.

Keep your mind busy!
Ignoring the negative
Keep a Journal
Live one day at a time.
Look for the best in your present situation.

So How do you think?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Thank you so much for doing these devotionals. I know that I do not usually respond, but this one was what I needed. I love you.

Our7isheaven said...

You are welcome! I love how God gives us what we need when we need it!