Saturday, January 9, 2010

Helping Others

Good Afternoon! I was reading in Isaiah this morning talking with my son Caleb whom gave a devotional last night to the JV Basketball team.

We need to help others or work as a team. In Isaiah 41:6-7 it says,
"6. They helped everyone his neighbour: and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.
7. So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the sodering; and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved."

The key part is "They helped everyone his neighbour...."
1. Do your part
Do you help those who need help? In your home do you help one another? When your out and see that someone could use help with groceries or a package; what do you do? You know another way we can help and do our part is through serving Jesus!

Here I'm going to put in a small part of my sons devotional, He was talking of working together as a team. He took a bag with 50 lb weights in it, and had one of the smaller boys try to lift it. He used that as, without the team he can't do it, but when we join him (calling up a few other team members) he can carry the bag with no problems. It takes helping and working together as a team to win, or even to make it.

2. Encourage one another
Are you one that encourages others? So many times I see and have seen where one is down and rather than encouraging that person you just join them in complaining, or being negative. Is that what we're to do? NO, Be an encouragement to those who are down, or in need.
I have this one particular friend that I can be having the worst day, and if I call or her or even text her by the time we're finished talking I feel so much better! Why? She is an encourager. I know if she reads this she'll know who I'm speaking of.
At the same time though there's this one person here that I know NOT to go to because I'll feel worse once I'm done talking with them.
Which do you want to be an encourager or discouraged?

I pray that in some way, this will help or encourage you to do something for special for someone!
This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Rejoice in the Lord alway and again I say Rejoice!

No comments: