Saturday, February 6, 2010

Search me, O God....

Psalm 139:
1. O Lord, thou has searched me, and known me.
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
23. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

search: the act of seeking or looking diligently.

God has searched us diligently. He knows us "inside out".
Since the Lord knows us so well what is it that we are trying to hide from him? What is it that we are not willing to give up? The Lord knows our heart.

Search me, O God, and know my heart.... How much do you really want God to know your heart? Do you want him to know it the point that you want to have fellowship with Him through prayer and Bible Reading. OR do you do the minimum and hope you can make it.

What is it you maybe hiding?
the way you talk
the way you walk
how you treat others
how you look at the opposite sex when your married
what you think
what you watch on TV
what you listen to on the radio
what you look at on the Internet

We are all wicked but God can lead us to everlasting paths!!

Just a few thoughts for us to think on.
Meditate on the Bible and make sure that we are watching, listening, talking and doing all that the Lord would approve. Let the Lord do as the passage of scripture says, and search our lives and know our hearts!!

No comments: