Tuesday, September 1, 2009

With Christ....

In My Vessel I can smile at the storm.

Have you ever thought about what that is saying? As I started learning the song to interpret for our Ladies mtg in a wk. I really started thinking about the meaning.
With Christ in my vessel....Now for the deaf because our theme is for the mtg is "Under the Sea" we'll be signing "Christ in my boat". What does vessel mean though? It's actually our body, our heart our soul. The Bible teaches that our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. Isn't that an awesome thought. The sad part is we so often destroy our bodies but not taking care of it.
How are ways we destroy our "vessel?"
1. Not eating right
2. Drinking things that aren't good for us.
3. I'm not indicating that anyone does this but smoking it destroys our lungs.
4. Not exercising as we should to stay in shape.
5. Not bathing daily
So much more I could go into. Now I will admit a few of these even I'm guilty of! I very much dislike exercising by myself, so therefor I don't get to it. It's not right which is one reason I'm making a bigger effort to loose the weight I need to this yr.
I know this isn't a confession time, but how many drink soda? You know I absolutely enjoy an ice cold Diet Cherry Dr Pepper! If I'm not careful I will drink several in a wk sometimes in a day.

I Corinthians 3:16
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
Now what can we do to keep our "vessel" clean?
1. Eat the right kind of foods!
2. Drink lots of water (ideal is 1/2 your body weight)
3. Exercising Daily
4. Keep ourselves clean

So, With Christ in our vessel we can do what? Smile at the storm! I thought smile at the storm?? Well, it's simply saying if we have Christ in our heart when the "storms" of life come we can smile because we have Christ in our Vessel therefore we don't need to worry about life's storms!

So without Christ in our vessel we may do things that would be harmful to ourselves and we can't smile at the storms of life. BUT WITH Christ in my vessel I can smile at the storm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Paula...

I understand we should exercise and I know I have to get back to do that and I understand that I shouldn't drink the (my favorite too...great minds think alike) diet cherry Dr. Pepper (wish they would bring back the diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper) , I know, I know! I would drink them all day if I could afford it!
But I have to draw the line on the water! There is NO WAY I can drink "half my body weight"!!! Do you know how much that is? I mean....somedays that could be drinking many, many gallons!! nope I will stick to the Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper!!! hahahahaha or and also I will stick to the coffee!!! the stronger the better with lots of sugar!!! haha.. I love you!!! and love your devo's!!! Sometimes you make me laugh and other times you hurt my toes! Thank you for both!!!

praying for you all!
~marie