Friday, September 17, 2010

Thou art worthy...

Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. "

God is so Worthy of our praise and honour!! So, why is it that as Christians we just push God to the side, not bothering to read our Bibles or pray?!

He created us in his image.
He created us for his pleasure.
He created us so he could love us.
He created us and we should LOVE HIM, we should PRAISE HIM, we should HONOUR HIM, and so on and so forth. So why don't we do these things?

We are human and we have a sin nature. However as Christians who's to be first in our daily routine? GOD!
Have you ever noticed when you leave out God that the day isn't as smooth; we can not go on our own.

How can we praise God? (I'm only listing a few there are many many more ways to Praise God)
1. Praise Him in prayer
2. Praise Him through song (as a family we will choose a song for the day/wk) I personally choose a scripture song for myself.
3. Praise Him simply by living right and keeping Christ first.

How can we Honour God?
1. Honour him through our actions.
2. Honour him by what we say.

So as you go through your day, you can Praise him for so much, we can ALWAYS be Honouring God in our actions. If our children see that we take this verse to heart then they will want (prayerfully) to do the same.
"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power; for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your writings and it every time I get one, is what I need to hear when I need to hear it.

How is your son doing in that difficult relationship?? I have been praying for him and you too as his mom. How is daughter doing?? I have been praying for her and all of you.

I did go back to the Dr. I am having a lot of complications.. My colon is not working like it should. Pray it wakes up.. where they took my insides out to get to my spine, my colon is still not wanting to wake up. So pray that it will start functioning properly.

Sending this on so I can rest. Love you much!!!
Me