Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is God doing with you?

Proverbs 17:3 "The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the Lord trieth the hearts."

Are you in the fining pot, or the furnace?
What is God doing in your life or with you?
Are you allowing God to make you fine as Silver or pure as Gold?

Another verse that comes to mind when we talk of fining silver and gold is:
Psalms 19:10 "More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."

These questions are things we can ask ourselves daily. We can allow God to work on us in our daily walk with him or we can do it on our own. I see my walk with God as a major part of my day. If I don't allow God to work in my life through my daily devotions and prayer time, my day is not the same.

Did you think to pray err you left your room this morning? I love that question. God deserves to have our first thoughts in the morning. Just as you say to loved ones, Good Morning, God should also hear from you. Which brings me to:
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

So are you calling unto the Lord, allowing him to try you as silver and gold so that you are desired more than gold?

This is the day that the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PS 19 is one of my favorite passages.