Sunday, April 21, 2013

Do you peck at your Christian life or jump in with both feet?

Good evening! This afternoon, my husband and I were talking about different things and as we were talking, I noticed one of the chickens scratching and pecking at the ground. I was laughing at him because of the fact, the way he bob his head and pecked while kicking/scratching the ground.

I was home today with 2 of my boys because of the flu and while sitting at the table going over some things the thought, "Do you peck at your Christian walk or jump in with both feet?" came to me. It's really interesting to think about....
Think about it as a chicken walks around the farm yard he's scratching and pecking at the ground. For him, he's going at it with all his might. However, for a Christian if you just peck at being a Christian you may not grow as you should.

One may say, I'll peck at soul winning once a week. Or I'll peck at studying the Bible once a week. Do you think you'll grow doing that? You will grow some but not as God intended for us to grow spiritually.

The Bible tells us to meditate on his word day and night. We are to "eat" God's word. In order for us to grow and become more like Christ we need to study his word. In order to do as God commands we need to not peck at our ministry but jump in with both feet. If you sing in the choir put your whole heart into it. If you teach a Sunday School class give it all your worth. Those little children, teens or adults need you to give it your ALL. When you go soul winning, make sure you've not pecked at prayer and being led of the Holy Spirit but that you are filled with Holy Spirit Power. Don't be a barn yard Chicken but a Spirit filled Christian!

So I leave with you: Are you pecking at your Christian life or jumping in with both feet, to make a difference?
 

No comments: