Monday, April 29, 2013

Great Changes


The things I use to do I don't do them any more,
The things I use to do I don't do them any more,
The things I use to do I don't do them any more,
There's been a great change since I've been born again,

There's been a great-change since I've been born,
There's been a great-change since I've been born,
There's been a great-change since I've been born,
There's been a great-change since I've been born again!

What is that thing you use to do, say, wear that you don't do any more? Did you stop because Mom and Dad said you couldn't or shouldn't do, say or wear that? Or have you decided in your heart that it's YOUR conviction, Your desire, Your want to that has made that GREAT Change in your life.

In Proverbs 24:21   it says,        
My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:

Are you meddling in a change that you know wouldn't be good for you? I love Proverbs and this verse as I was reading the other day in my devotions jumped out at me. See we're going through some changes as a family. Our daughter is getting married, our oldest son is going to college, our third child is getting his permit, we are new in the Pastorate and so many other things. These are good changes which is different from what the verse is replying to, but what changes are coming into your life or are you allowing in your life?

As things happen and as things come about, you need to watch out, some one or something could cause you to meddle in that which would be a bad change. You want to be able to say there's been a Great Change in my life, not there's been a bad change in my life.

Are you allowing sinful thoughts by watching bad tv shows?
Are you saying things you would of never said, because of people you talk to?
Are you allowing ___________________ you put in whatever it may be. Is this making you make the Wrong change OR a GREAT Change?
 

No comments: