Monday, April 8, 2013

See How Great God is?

Psalm 89
1. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever; with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

My God is so great so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God can not do! For You!

God is a Great God, he's a Strong God, he's Mighty and yet there's NOTHING he can not do! WOW!!! To think that Nothing is to small or to big for God!

How Great is your God?
Can he get you through a trial?
Can he get you through an illness?
Can he get you through financial problems?
Can he give you what you need?

The answer to all these and many other questions, is Yes! He can!! Today was full of heartbreak, hopes, and prayers. See to start our weekend this past Friday, we received a call that one of our members was having added health problems. As a new Pastors wife, I was thinking how am I suppose to be a blessing when I've never been there? We, my husband and I, prayed that the Lord would be with this family. We went to their home wanting to be a blessing and we left on cloud 9, so to speak. This wonderful couple Knows the Lord! They know he's in control! We went to encourage them and to be honest I think we left more encouraged. The let their faithfulness be known, they know they serve a great, strong and might God.

On Sunday after the morning service I check my messages, to learn that a very Dear friend of mine, her husband was taken to the hospital due to a stroke. I'll be honest, I went in my room and cried. This family has been so very dear to me and they have been such an encouragement to me that to hear of this was heartbreaking! You know though, I know this couple knows that they serve a Great, Mighty and Strong God! After praying for them I had a peace that they would be ok, yes there are some problems from the stroke, but God is a God of grace, mercy and strength!

Even through trials, sickness, heartache or whatever you are going through today we can remain faithful to our Lord.

See I serve a Great God! He knew where we needed to be way before we knew. God knew that my husband and I could love and be a part of family here in Maine; while still loving and having friends and family in other states. Yes, the one family isn't here in Maine, but we can and do love and care for them. So:

See How Great God is? He is so great that I have to tell others about him!
See How Strong God is? He is so strong that I need worry about a burden being to heavy to carry, because my God will help to carry that burden.
See How Mighty God is? He's the mightiest of all!

So I ask you, how Great is your God?
Do you believe he will see you through that trial?
Do you believe he will take care of you?

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations!

Are you letting people know how faithful God is? Are you sharing the Love of the Lord, his greatness, his strength with others so that they too may experience his mercies.

So many today are "hoping" that God will hear their prayers and answer them. There's no need to only hope, they can know! Are we going to show them how they can Know? Go ye into the highways and hedges.... Sing of the mercies of the Lord.... Rejoice in the Lord.... I can do all things through Christ.... There really is no reason for us not to share the Greatness of our Lord.

So as you close out your day or maybe begin it, maybe you'll want to sing today:

"My God is great, so strong and so mighty! There's NOTHING my God can not do!!"


 

No comments: