Monday, April 15, 2013

Make me a Blessing

Ezekiel 34:26
"I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing: and I will cause the shower to come down in his season: there shall be showers of blessing."

Our former Pastor here in Maine is now on deputation and we've enjoyed hearing from them how the Lord has blessed them. We, my husband and I, have an understanding of being on deputation and it's not always easy. Well, what brought this particular topic on for today is a church I've never attended, however I know the Pastor very well and I probably know all of his congregation also.

The Barnes family went to Grace Baptist in Kearneysville, WV yesterday and their daughter Kimberly was a little down because it was her birthday and she wanted to be with her sisters in Maine. From what I've been told they usually really go all out for Kimberly on her birthdays. Yesterday, 4/14 she turned 15. Well, our church sent her package that she had no idea of in the process of Mrs O'Grady setting up things concerning the package with Mrs Bush the pastors wife in WV the Bush family decided to go the extra mile. So yesterday they were a HUGE Blessing to Kimberly and her parents. They threw a surprise party for her with cake, ice cream, gifts balloons the whole thing. God is a God of blessings.

See because the Barnes family is doing the Lord's will for their life, Pastor Bush is and his church were used as a tool to be a blessing to our former Pastor! I just Love how the Lord works!!

Who can you be a blessing to today?
Who could you encourage today by a phone a call?
Who could you send a card with a few dollars in that could really use it?
Who could you fix a meal for that doesn't have a lot?
There are so many things that we as Christians can do to be a blessing to others.
I love the song Make Me a Blessing

Out in the highways and byways of life, Many are weary and sad; Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife, Making the sorrowing glad.
Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love, Tell of His pow'r to forgive; Others will trust Him if only you prove True, ev'ry moment you live.
Give as 'twas given to you in your need, Love as the Master loved you; be to the helpless a helper indeed, Unto your mission be true.

Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing Out of my life May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Saviour, I pray, Make me a blessing to someone today.

Who can you bless today?

No comments: