Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sharing my Heart.... Please don't Quit!

A friend of mine shared something with me that made me think about some things. So I'm going to share a little bit of my heart with you on a subject that IF I were to let it eat at my heart, I probably would not be in Maine as a Pastors wife today.

The Bible teaches that we are to forgive seventy times seven. It also teaches that we are to love one another even as Christ loved us. So if we are suppose to do these two things, which the Lord clearly states in His word; why would we let people change our attitude, standards, beliefs or anything from what is true?

I'm going back many years to share this with you. Now so you know I, we, have forgiven the person and we hold No grudges or distain against any group of people. We maybe disappointed or feel for them but please know we Love and care deeply for those who wronged us. As I said this takes us back many years we had gone to someone to seek council and advice while on deputation. We were told that we were a liability and that our family would NEVER do anything in full time ministry. We, my husband and I, were really hurt because of this. We offered to do certain things but were told NO they didn't want us to do anything, but we may want to think about quiting!

Well my husband I Never Quit! We may and have felt like it but to Quit is not in our dictionary. I remember Dr. Hyles saying to cut it out of your dictionary. To this day we have several dictionaries but you won't find Quit in there. We have raised our to children to Never Give Up to Never Quit. Do we feel like at times? Oh Yes! Well, we continued on serving the Lord, we didn't change what we believed, we didn't change our religion, we didn't change the way we were raising our children, we didn't change our standards in case it's not clear, We Did NOT Change!!

The words, the actions, being told to our family wouldn't make us stop, being told to Quit all that did was make us want to serve more and be even better for the Lord.

You may ask, Paula, why are you sharing this? Well, recently I've heard and personally know of  people who have decided, because 1 church or 1 person failed they no longer needed to go church, they no longer needed to keep the standards that they know are right, they no longer believe in God, they no longer see a need to raise their children in church and so much more. It really is sad that a place, a man would have that affect on anyone.

See because my husband an I continued on, our daughter is in Bible college about ready to graduate. She will be marring a young man who's been called to Preach. Our oldest son is heading off to Bible College this summer. Our other 3 serve in our church right along with their dad and I. Do you think they would be doing this if we had of Quit and changed all our beliefs? Probably not, but there is a chance what we had taught them would stick and they would still go on an serve the Lord. Praise the Lord we won't have to ever know what could have happened. Were we hurt, were we wounded, were we shot in the foot, were our hearts bleeding? Yes to all these questions. Did it take time to heal, did it take time to get back on our feet, did it cause us to question what God wanted? Yes, It did. Did we let it stop us, did we say well he said....... so it must be true, did we decided that the standards of the Bible were no longer our standards and convictions. NO we did not. We picked ourselves us, we joined hands, we pulled together as a family, and we went on? Yes we did, because we knew that was God's will and that we wouldn't be happy any other way. Did we end up in Canada? No but we did end up where we believe God wanted us without a doubt. We are now in Maine and trust me at first we were questioning as I have mentioned in another post on my blog, however we Know without a Doubt that God wants us here as Pastor and family serving at the Great Second Baptist Church of Palermo, ME!!!

So friend I know there's not been a lot of scripture, there's not been a lot of funny sayings, or cute pictures, but I wanted to share my heart with you. If God moves, allow him to use the situation to better you, Not to make you bitter. I forget exactly how my former Pastor Dr. Jeff Owens said it, but get better not bitter.

Our family loves the Lord and he's allowed us to go through things that personally I didn't think we'd ever make it through. But You know, God never gives us more than we can handle. If something small, medium or large has come into your life, allow the Lord to use that to make you more Christ like. I don't claim to be some spiritual giant and a know it all, but I do claim the Promises of God, and with God's help I do what he wants me to do.

If you have been hurt forgive that person seventy times seven.
Love that person as Christ loved you.
Show that person that even though you are hurt you will continue on, doing what God would wants.
Don't, what ever you do prove the person right about whatever he/she said concerning you.

God loves you and He wants you in His perfect will!! Will you destroy that will by turning your back on Him because of another human? I certainly hope not!





No comments: