Thursday, May 5, 2011

Silk and Purple - Faith

Good Morning! I pray you have had a good a week. I've been sick since Sunday and finally feel a little human today :) Well I can at least breath without having problems. I was looking over the lesson I had wanted to post 3 days ago, and I got to thinking about it and it seems any series of Lessons I've done Faith has always shown up. I do believe that no matter what we do in life we need Faith and the Lord is trying all he can to make sure we learn about Faith. I have thought of doing a word study on Faith, for now though we're going to look at Faith and how Sarah applied it in her life.

Mark 8:35 "For whosoever  will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it."

Hebrews 11:11 "Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive see, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised."

I love reading Chapter 11 of Hebrews I've heard it called "The Hall of Faith," "The Faith Chapter."
I love verse 1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." My husband has a sermon that he preaches on this and I love how he applies it. We have faith in the an airplane, we have faith in a chair, we even have faith that we can walk outside and be fine. So why can't we have faith in God! We don't know that the plane will stay in the air till landing time. We don't know that the chair we sit in won't fall. We don't even know what will happen when we step outside. BUT we apply our faith in each of these things to do as they are to do. That when we walk out side that we'll get to our next destination etc. So why then can't we have faith in the creator of earth, in the one who died for us. Pretty silly if you ask me that we have faith in worldly things but not in the one who gave his life for you and for me.  (taken from my husbands sermon on Faith)

Each verse in Hebrews 11 either starts with "Through faith...." or "By faith...." I was thinking about to the day we packed up all our things, putting a lot in storage. Saying bye to my family and all my friends. Taking a step in faith that what I was doing in following my husband to travel the US and Canada would work out. Was it easy NO! We loaded up our 5 little ones ages 3 to 10 in the van, each having just a little space each, a small trailer with everything else we thought we would need. Drove away trusting and having Faith stepping out "BY Faith". Oh the stories I could tell on faith an how we, The Seavey Family, literally lived "BY FAITH" day by day!

Now on to the lesson Read Genesis 12, 16 and 21
In the story of Sarah, Did she have little faith or great faith?
To start she probably had little faith, but she submitted to her husband! She followed him and did as he ask.
So by obeying the Bible and submitting to her husband maybe it was something like this
Sarah had little faith but she obeyed which gave her Great Faith.
The key here wives is: for a married woman having great faith is found in her obedience to her own husband!

You say, Paula, I really have some of my own dreams and I know my husband has dreams. What about those? Well lets look at the following pts:
1. God will replace your dreams with something better!
You may have a dream of living someplace all your life and raising a large family. Part of the dream my remain such as the large family but God puts in a different place doing something completely different than you had planned.
I had a dream as a young married lady, I had wanted to be married 2 yrs, have 2 children about 16 to 18 mo apart, then wait 2 yrs and to more, wait 2 yrs and have 2 more. LOL
I have no intention of hurting anyone, I pray that if you are a wife and God hasn't given you children that you would see this as an opportunity to take you faith in God and apply to how you can be blessing to others.

2. God will replace your dreams with a special relationship in Him.
Sometimes our dreams will not take place because God wants us closer to him. Do you have a daily walk with God?

3. God will fulfill the dream.
If your dream isn't what God has for you, he will replace/fulfill that "void" for you! Just have faith in God.

Sarah had faith in God, she obeyed her husband, and then God blessed her!
"Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

No comments: