Friday, May 20, 2011

For I am fearfully and wonderfully made....

I'm going to start today's lesson with a story from the booklet Mrs Hyles wrote on "I Am Somebody"

Don't Dress a Dunce!

     Upon entering school, a young boy was told by his teacher, "You're just a dunce! You're really beyond learning. You have no brains. I suggest you go home and don't come to school anymore. Don't ever try to learn."

     That boy believed his teacher. (Just as we have believed some of what people have said about us.) He went home, never again tried to go to school or tried to learn. After 17 yrs, this boy was administered an I.Q. test. The results? He was a genius!

     How sad to me that for 17 yrs this boy had gotten up every morning to dress a dunce. However, from the day of his I.Q. test forward, he got up and dressed a genius.


What can we learn from this story??? Let go back a minute....
Based on what we believe on, we should believe in God's Word! We can ALWAYS accept it as truth. However people are human, they make mistakes, do you have to believe everything that a person tells you? NO!!

Self-Esteem
Self - A person regarded as an individual apart from everyone else
Esteem - To think well of; to regard highly; to value

Read Psalm 139 now

Now that you have read Ps 139 and you've read the story we stared with, take your mirror and look at your self!
1. YOU are a person, apart from everyone else
2. How is your esteem? Do you see yourself as regarded highly? As a value? One that is thought well of?

If you can't answer yes to these questions then you need to Re-read PS 139 and look in your mirror saying, I AM SOMEBODY!!! I am made for purpose! God made me special not like anyone else!
Then go back an ask yourself those questions again. If you still say NO to them repeat this section till you can say YES my self-esteem is good about myself.

You know I see people and know people that have low self-esteem and if they are saved have no reason to feel like they are of no value, or that they aren't regarded highly or even that they aren't thought well of. You know people say hurtful things and many times it's all because they are hurting!
Again Read PS 139 and look at yourself in the mirror for 15 sec and then list the good about yourself!

Self-esteem is a deep sense of worth to God, and an honest evaluation of your gifts or talents, and potential to perform your unique ministry ~~~M.E. Gravens 

"If I could write a prescription for the women of the world, it would be to provide each of them with a healthy dose of self-esteem. Take 3 times a day. I have no doubt this is their greatest need."

The lack of self-esteem is a detriment to American women today!!! The person who wrote the "prescription" recognizes the GREAT need for women to get their self-esteem back.
Mom, wife, teacher, student, child anyone.....Don't let your self-esteem destroy you! Let it build you instead!

Think about it when a baby is born does he/she lay in his crib saying:
"I'm ugly"
"I have no talent"
"I can't do anything"
NOPE!!! I know that sounds silly because they are babies, but you know what we don't have to say those things when we get older either! I have an Uncle that was told, You are lazy, you are good for nothing and you will NEVER amount to anything. You know what? He's done exactly as he was told. Why? he heard it all the time.

Mom, Dad be careful what you say to that child. If you say something enough he or she will begin to think that of themselves. Which comes back on you, you are destroying that child's self-esteem.  If you are a care taker, babysitter, teacher don't do as the teacher in our story did. You maybe destroying a genius!!!


So I'm going to ask you to one more time look in your mirror and say, I AM SOMEBODY, I can do what I'm meant to do! Why can I do this, because, "...I am fearfully and wonderfully made...."


No comments: