Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What the Bible Says about:

The Head of the church and family....

Ephesians 5:23-27, 29 "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth it , even as the Lord the church:"

I love this passage of scripture! I can't imagine life without my husband and even more so, I can't imagine me running the household and being the "head". When God put man in charge he sure knew what he was doing. Now I can control things and I can be a leader, proof of the pudding I've been a bus caption, I work with children in several area's. However, there are things that man can care for that I honestly believe woman would put to much emotion and mood into and it could be pretty rough!

My boys, all 4 of them, love me as well as their dad. I tell you though when dad comes home it's wonderful cause he's the bread winner, he's the head of our home, he's the spiritual leader! As Christ is the head of the church, Bill is the head of our home!

Vr 24, states that the church is subject to Christ an so is the wife to her husband in everything.
To me if the church is accountable to Christ which it is. Then we as the wife are accountable to our husband. I will admit I'm independent and I don't always want to go through Bill before doing things. Now, I have gone and made a purchase or spent money, that later he's asking me why? These times made things difficult. Why? I didn't bring it to my husband. Yea, in my mind I justified it, but when you have a budget you can't do that.
If you're single, Of course you can't go to the man. However, you can take EVERYTHING to prayer. I have done this, with shopping. Last wk my youngest 2 boys needed shoes for gym and basketball. Well, they are suppose to have one pair for each. We couldn't afford 4 pairs of shoes, not mention what my oldest boy needed shoe wise. We went to K-mart and found my youngest shoes for $20, then went to Payless shoes down the street and found my other's sons shoes for under $25! I thanked the Lord for this, I believe the reason we found the deals was because I went to Christ in prayer about this. Now when I went to my husband and said this is what the boys need, he gave me the total we had and the Lord blessed because I went to the head of our home and then prayed about that we could find something within our range!

Hebrews 13:7, 17 "Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

I don't know what the problem is with submission, as children we had to submit to our parents, in school you have to submit to teachers and principals, as adults you have to submit to your boss, and rules of the road ect. So why is it so hard to submit to our husband? and God?
If we are to obey them that have the rule over us, then why don't we do it?
Reason being we have a sin nature and we are human. If you weren't trained, raised or taught to be submissive then you would need to learn how to submit.
I've noticed with my own children as well as myself, when submission isn't there things are alot harder on the person than if, we, just submitted and obeyed.
If we will just remember that there's more joy in submission and obedience I believe as wives, children, or anyone life would be much better for us.

I pray that as you read this that some little part of it will be a blessing or help someone in an area of their life. Letting our husbands have rule, being submissive isn't always easy, but we through Christ can do anything. When you get up each morning, make sure in your prayer time you ask the Lord to help you be submissive and even through out your day. My God is a mighty God, and Nothing is impossible with God. I CAN do (submission) all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you post good. I think write good.

Misty Lynne

Anonymous said...

This is so very true and so very needed!!

Cindy