Friday, July 26, 2013

Peace that passeth all understanding.

Do you have peace? Are you looking for peace? Do you feel that peace will never come?

Well I will say, I've been in all 3 places. Looking for peace before I was saved May 23, 1988. Yes I grew up in church and was in a Christian school. I even said a prayer with a group of kids in chapel one day after Bro Brown preached. However, as I got older I knew something wasn't right. At the age of 21 after hearing a message on Hell by Dr Jack Hyles I knew I needed to make it right. So I accepted Christ. That peace was there and has been there ever since.

So you can have peace. There are situations where you, I, pray for peace. See my oldest 2 children and son (in law) are 1,000 plus miles away. Well yesterday I had to pray for peace that my son PAUL would be OK. Here I am in Maine and he's in the hospital in Kentucky. I didn't have a lot of peace to start but as the day went by that peace came. Yes he has a health issue but our God is the Lord of Lords and he's the great physician if he chooses to heal my sons heart he will. Maybe though this is something Paul will have to live with. Either way we, have peace that God will take care of him.

Psalms 29:11 "The LORD will give strength unto you his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace."

Psalms 119:165 "Great peace have they which love they law...."

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou shalt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in there."

Friend you can have this peace God gives. I used 2 illustrations on peace and I know there is a lot more I could share. Today however what do you need peace about? Salvation? A loved one? Health? Whatever it is God and God alone can give it. My prayer is if you are reading this and you don't peace about...... anything that you are dealing with, take it to our loving Saviour who wants to give you that peace that passeth all understanding.


By: Paula MN Seavey

No comments: