Sunday, January 30, 2011

Being the Help Meet you were meant to be. 5 of 24

Good Afternoon! I pray that if you are reading each of these post that something somewhere will help in your marriage and that you will possibly order Mrs Debi Pearls book.

Today is about Wisdom in our marriage and life. Do you have enough fear of God not to question his Word? In Titus 2:3-5 We are taught many things, "The aged woman...may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashemed"

As women we need to be sure we obey our husbands. I love the part of Titus that says to be "keepers at home" we are to be wise in what we do. My husband doesn't expect things to be perfect but he wants a clean home and so do I. As his wife I became a Keeper at home!

If you have to work out of the home you especially need to be wise with your time so you can keep your home. I have had the privilege of being a stay at home mom since my daughter was born in 1991, then we decided I work when my daughter was in her 10th gr yr, which had all 5 of our children in school. After 2 yrs of working I realized that I wasn't being a keeper of the home. I had to make a decision. I had home schooled in the past and after prayer and counseling we decided that in order for me to do what my first priority was I needed to stop working. I will say at first I missed it, but it was the wise decision to make. I again am homeschooling and my home is at it should be. Wisdom was needed in the decision and I believe God helped us in that decision.

As a wife we are to LOVE our husband and children! So now lets see what God's "blueprint" for marriage is.
Ephesians 5:22-24 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

You know, I've heard people say, NO WAY my husband will not be the head of me!! Did you know this is wrong? Our husbands are to obey the Bible and God and we are to obey God the Bible and our husbands. We are to do this in EVERYTHING! Hard to swallow I know.... If you however have the right kind of relationship with our heavenly Father then we will be able to wisely obey our husbands.

Colossians 3:18 "Wives, submit yourselves unto you husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."
I Corinthians 11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God."

*1. God commands wives to submit to their OWN husbands.
2. God informs men that they are the head of the wife.
3. God tells the wives to be subject to their husbands in everything, every decision, every move, every plan, and all everyday affairs.

Hey, trust me these 3 steps are NOT always easy to follow. There are days that you will think there is NO way this may is thinking right. BUT as his wife we are to submit to him, do as he ask, let him be a part of everything, every day!! Hard? Yes, but with God's strength and wisdom you CAN do it!!!

I mentioned wisdom at the very beginning did you know it's not something you earn but rather a gift?! Yep, the Bible tells us in James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men (and women) liberally...." *God gives us wisdom liberally, like a "gift" but first we mus ask for it.

This topic is much more detailed in Debi's book. I hope and pray that in some small way it will help you to see HOW important it is that we have wisdom as wives, that we submit to OUR husband, NOT another man, NOT the one who thinks he has control over you, YOUR HUSBAND that is the ONLY man on this earth that you are married to. He is the one you vowed to Honor, Obey till death do you part.

*taken from "Created to be His Help Meet"

No comments: